Chapter 173: Tarot Game (23)

[Why is there movement in the fourth groove?]

[He has no heart??]

[I can’t understand the plot anymore.]

[It feels like things aren’t that simple. There might be a turnaround. Wait a minute.]

The moment Xie Xinglan left the secret road, he heard Zheng Luan’s scream. At the same time, the app rang.

[This message is visible only to you. The reincarnation party has killed the third to last sacrifice. Once the last sacrifice is dead, the game will jump directly to the last night. Please hurry.]

Xie Xinglan’s expression sank. Zheng Luan was dead. Only Gu Yu and one of the lovers was left alive in the instance and he had to search for the crows in a huge castle.

Previously, Jiang Shuo had killed two or three crows and their bodies had fallen to the outskirts of the castle. Xie Xinglan was just going to pick up the dead crows. He walked to the corner of the corridor and saw Gu Yu walking toward him not far away. He was startled. Then the hand on his phone relaxed and he laughed silently.

Time was tight but there was a way to artificially extend the game time. He just had to prevent Jiang Shuo from finding the final Hanged Man.

Gu Yu was looking for Zheng Luan’s girlfriend who had escaped in the chaos. After passing by the corner, he heard strange, subtle movements. Before he could react, he was struck on the most vulnerable part of the back of the head and knocked out.

Xie Xinglan came out from behind and crouched down to check. He confirmed that Gu Yu was unconscious and dragged him to the secret passage, throwing him down mercilessly. In the distance, there was the cry of Zheng Luan’s girlfriend as she was caught by Jiang Shuo. In the blink of an eye, it was down to the Hanged Man, the last one. Based on the direction of the sound, Jiang Shuo was quite a distance away from him.

Xie Xinglan covered the entrance of the secret passage with the wooden plank and ran outside the castle. The bodies of the three crows were lying on the ground. Xie Xinglan picked them up and cut their flesh with the gravel pieces on the ground. A huge human heart appeared.

Xie Xinglan picked it up and found a name engraved on the back—Jiang Shuo. This was actually Jiang Shuo’s heart. The hearts in the chests of the other two crows belonged to Liang Zhen and Ye Xiaoxiao respectively. He found Ye Xiaoxiao’s heart.

The things obtained in the movie couldn’t be put into the backpack. Xie Xinglan could only place Ye Xiaoxiao’s heart into his pocket. Then he glanced at Liang Zhen’s heart and frowned. He had a small impression of Liang Zhen. She had kindly helped Xie Chi at the beginning of the movie.

Xie Xinglan thought of this and decided to take Liang Zhen’s heart with him. He hid the crow corpses, grabbed Jiang Shuo and Liang Zhen’s hearts and headed inside. The most important Xie Chi’s heart hadn’t been found yet. It was only by finding Xie Chi’s heart that he could open the stone door. Without Xie Chi’s heart, it would be useless even if he found Ye Xiaoxiao’s heart.

There was an emptiness in his left chest that was accompanied by severe pain, but Xie Xinglan remained indifferent. If pain and death were no longer linked then an injury was just an injury. It didn’t cause any negative emotions.

He started an extensive search of the rooms. Time passed minute by minute. Xie Xinglan only found the hearts of Gu Yu and Zheng Luan. There were no traces of his heart or Ren Ze’s heart. Xie Xinglan’s heart sank a bit. Luck was obviously not on his side.

He was coming out of a room when he heard approaching footsteps. Not far away, Jiang Shuo was holding the Blood Demon Sword and looking around. He was obviously searching for the last sacrifice Gu Yu but his gaze gradually fell on the lacquered red floor. There were a few drops of blood on the delicate red and white stripes. Xie Xinglan looked down at the two bloody hearts in his hands and his bleeding chest and his expression sank.