Chapter 158: Tarot Game (8)

All the actors gathered outside Xie Qiuying’s room as quickly as possible. There was such big lightning but there was no rain outside the castle. The wind was blowing so violently that people could barely stand.

“The first one to die is really Liang Wen!”

“Xie Qiuying was kind to her. She must’ve been killed as well!”

The actors murmured to themselves, thankful they hadn’t been kind. Gu Yu stared at the scorched black room in front of him and whispered to Jiang Shuo, “Is it really the Tower?”

Jiang Shuo didn’t answer. He just turned around and frowned, “Which one of you persuaded Liang Wen to go to someone else’s room?”

The people here were startled. They didn’t understand the meaning of the movie emperor’s question and all shook their heads.

“What’s wrong?” Gu Yu wondered.

Jiang Shuo sneered, his eyes gloomy. “Someone’s pace is the same as mine or even faster than me.”

Gu Yu was astonished. In front of him was Jiang Shuo, who knew everything, but someone was faster than him.

He cleverly remained silent. After a while, he lowered his voice and wondered, “Brother Jiang, does the lightning really recognize people? It doesn’t recognize the room? Then why did the maid say that about not changing rooms?”

Jiang Shuo frowned deeper at the question. Just then, there was a banging sound from inside the room. Everyone was shocked and looked at each other.

“Help!” A woman’s shrill cry for help came from the scorched black room emitting heavy smoke.

“Liang Wen isn’t dead?!”

Someone recognized it. “No, it is Xie Qiuying’s voice!”

Jiang Shuo pulled the handle and his expression changed when he found that the door was locked from the inside. Who locked the door? A ghost or a human?

Xie Chi arrived one step later and his expression changed when he saw this. Jiang Shuo kicked open the door. Xie Qiuying staggered out and was held by Gu Yu. She looked up and saw everyone, blood finally returning to her pale face. Then she pointed behind her in horror.

There in the room, there was a smoky, charred corpse on the bed. The identity was vaguely recognizable from the outline of the scorched corpse’s face. It was Liang Wen. Oil flowed from the scorched corpse. Liang Wen’s hand that was stretched out mid-air suddenly broke from the wrist and fell to the bed, unable to withstand gravity. There were deep traces of lightning on the wall.

All the actors felt cold. Jiang Shuo asked Xie Qiuying, “Who locked the door?”

Xie Qiuying looked up with surprise. “The door is locked?!”

She saw that Jiang Shuo was suspicious and protested, “It wasn’t me! Ghost… yes, it must be a ghost!”

Xie Qiuying saw that Jiang Shuo didn’t seem to believe her and started to sob. “I have no reason to harm her. If I wanted to harm her, would I stay with her?”

The actors secretly nodded. She knew Liang Wen would die and dared to stay by her side, this was either stupid or kind.

“Then why is she dead and you’re still alive?” Jiang Shuo’s tone was cold.

There was a chill in the hearts of the actors. Their words seemed to be worthless in Jiang Shuo’s eyes. They were just those easily used to provide clues for him. Xie Qiuying seemed frightened. “I don’t know! She was leaning against me when the lightning struck but the lightning only struck her. It didn’t touch me…”

“Got it.” Jiang Shuo stood up and saw Xie Chi standing by the door. His eyes became cold.