Chapter 52: Horror Skewers (7)

You Jing came out of the story 'Severed Finger' with a sense of contentment hidden on the gentle and handsome face.

No matter how much his mother reminded him to show his demeanor, to be a superior person and to not fight against those who were only a flash in the pan, he was only a young man in his early 20s after all. He liked victory and the applause that came with it.

His mother hadn't wanted him to participate in Horror Skewers because for him, it wasn't very cost-effective to participate in the show. His mother could take him to make movies and he would earn more points than this. In addition, he might get new items. He understood this truth but he wanted more fans and to be worshipped by people. Horror Skewers was an excellent opportunity.

You Jing once again returned to the room of items to be chosen and the complacent smile on his face suddenly froze.

In this dimly lit room, a piano key hung in the air. It spun slowly, emitting a dazzling fluorescence.

You Jing's face was filled with disbelief and he quickly scanned the room. The severed finger from before had completely dimmed and was now inconspicuous among the pile of items. It seemed to have been cleared.

Someone else was first?!

You Jing realized something and lowered his head to look at his phone. At this time, there was an interface on the app. On the interface, below the column of the story 'Severed Finger', there was already a new column called 'Female Ghost's Dance.'

[The second level 'Female Ghost's Dance' has been opened. Will the actor enter the scene immediately?]

The moment this popped out, You Jing's blood became cold. Someone was faster than him?

Was it Ren Ze? How was that possible? This guy might have some special tricks but his strength was low and he wouldn't be so fast.

Then was it... Xie Chi?

An equally gentle face abruptly appeared in You Jing's mind.

You Jing was short of breath and couldn't help thinking about before he bound to the app. It was a major test in high school. He was always first in his grade and his mother was very satisfied. Then in this test, he failed to perform well due to physical reasons and got second in the grade. After he returned home that night, his mother beat him and scolded him. She didn't let him have dinner and punished him to stand at the door of the house all night.

No, he couldn't be second!

Fear passed through You Jing's eyes.

That person must've sacrificed the character set up to gain time. You Jing forced himself to be calm. In Horror Skewers, a higher score depended on the specific operation and performance, not speed.

You Jing sneered, completely relieved. Right now, he had adapted to the rules and the man who cleared the first level was only a bit faster than him. What did this show? There were still many levels afterward.

You Jing no longer hesitated and challenged the second level.

[To be honest, God Jing disappointed me a bit. He passed the level but he was... mediocre, panicked, not worthy of the word 'god.']

[It is a competitive variety show and second place is nothing.]

[This is just the beginning. Don't be so arbitrary. Aren't you afraid of being hit in the face later on?]

[G-God Jing? He is an items man. The moment he left his mother, his strength instantly fell.]

***