Chapter 61: Horror Skewers (16)

"Brother, the boss isn't neutral! She is either helping the ghost or... she is the ghost!" Xie Chi's heart sank.

The boss had asked for Fatty's location on the live broadcast. The moment Fatty had said it, the ghost immediately changed direction. Xie Chi had previously heard the sound of Fatty hitting his head against a wall and knew the approximate location. Right now, the ghost was clearly going in Fatty's direction.

Xie Chi had wondered if it was a coincidence but the female ghost's footsteps exposed her mentality. The female ghost's previous footsteps were soft and hesitant. She tried to conceal her existence so she wouldn't scare away the prey. Her hesitation was because she wasn't sure where they were and was repeatedly observing and identifying.

Now the female ghost's footsteps were eager and without any pauses. She seemed to be certain Fatty was there. Moreover, the instructions given by Fatty were too clear. The female ghost might not be able to walk through walls but she must be familiar with the maze map. Fatty went left every time he encountered a fork. It was too easy and it was only a matter of time before he was found.

Thinking back, the boss had Fatty open a split screen just to know where they were through the live broadcast room. Seeing that this trick didn't work, she tricked Fatty into revealing it on the barrage.

Xie Chi remained calm. It didn't matter that the boss was the female ghost playing hide and seek with them. The important thing was that there was a problem in the live broadcast room and the camera would reveal where they were.

However, the rules of the game meant they had to broadcast the entire process of hide and seek.

Xie Chi's thoughts flashed.

The requirement to keep the live broadcast on was actually very ambiguous. In order to not reveal information, he could directly kick the boss out of the live broadcast room. However, he didn't want to do that.

The clue for the short movie was 'a clever person might become the victim of their own ingenuity' but he had to distinguish what being 'clever' was. Now he thought about whether every decision was correct or if it was 'becoming the victim of his own ingenuity'. Still, he could only continue to explore. If he paid too much attention to the clue then he would be afraid and stop moving.

Clues were always secondary. Active exploration was the only way to survive.

Xie Chi was silent for a few seconds before gritting his teeth. "Brother, remove the clothes and watch Fatty's side."

Assuming that the boss was the female ghost, the female ghost might know where they were from the live broadcast screen. Of course, it was also possible for them to know what happened on Fatty's side through the split screen. This would allow them to obtain key information.

The maze wasn't pitch black. There was a faint dark green light. Although the clarity of the mobile phone camera wasn't high, it wasn't a problem to show the outline of the human body and blurred facial features. Since the female ghost could send a barrage to mislead Fatty, naturally they could send a barrage to mislead the female ghost.

The pros and cons were two-way. There was no absolute good and bad. The key was how to use them.

Xie Xinglan counted the steps without being distracted. Covering the phone screen was an instinctive response. Now that he understood what it meant, he immediately tore off the clothes that had been covering the phone.

On Fatty's split screen, Fatty was still sitting in a corner and looking down at the phone.

Xie Xinglan sent him a private message: The ghost is going to your side.