Chapter 167: Tarot Game (17)

The room had no windows and was so dark he couldn’t see his fingers in front of him. Xie Xinglan could barely see the room with the faint red light emitted by the Blood Demon Sword.

The furnishings in the room were no different from the other rooms where actors lived, except that the furniture was older, the eaves were covered with thick cobwebs and the ground had a thick layer of dust. He stepped on it and a clear footprint was easily left.

There was an open suitcase in a corner of the room but everything inside had become moldy. Clothes that were hung to dry were like air-dried bacon on the hangers and there was half-eaten rotten food on the bedside table. Someone had lived here briefly.

In addition, there was a gray lamp on the closet in the room. The lamp looked a bit like a telephone. It was long, thin and dark blue all over without a wick inside.

Jiang Shuo and Gu Yu’s voices were clearly audible, as if they were just outside the door. Xie Xinglan’s expression was tense. “Are you sure it is safe here?”

“You can rest assured that they definitely can’t come in.”

Xie Xinglan suddenly heard human language. The crow in his pocket shriveled a bit. At the same time, the only lamp in the room lit up with a warm beige light. The light gradually brightened. The corner Xie Xinglan was in lit up while his surroundings became darker.

There was a sudden shadow at his feet. Xie Xinglan looked up and in the light, the crow turned into an old man in a gray robe. The old man was a bit weird. His teeth were white and complete but his face was wrinkled like toilet paper. His body was dry and withered like he was going to die. Based on the teeth, the old man should be very young but externally, he was a fake old man.

“I am the hermit.” The old man was in a state of urgency. He was afraid of any delays and immediately explained. “It is absolutely safe in here for six hours. This is one of the rules of the game for players. It is a reward for you finding the Hermit card. Here, you can take a break and regain your strength.”

Xie Chi was about to sigh with relief only to frown again.

“I don’t have to worry. Does that mean the people outside can’t get in?”

The hermit was surprised, He hadn’t expected this question and nodded at Xie Chi’s eagerly questioning eyes. Xie Chi’s expression changed. “What about items?”

The hermit was dazed. “I… I don’t know.”

Xie Chi somehow felt something in his heart at the hermit’s unsure answer. Ever since unlocking his talent, he had greatly increased the importance of his sixth sense.

Xie Chi calculated it. Jiang Shuo had used the skin on his face, the armor on his body and the crossbow. He had indeed used all his items. Finally, he entered Xie Chi’s body through another means and it should be a talent. It seemed that Jiang Shuo had exhausted all his cards but Jiang Shuo’s crossbow was at least a red item. Was the effect really just endless strength increasing arrows?

Xie Chi remembered that before Shen Yi died, there was a huge bloody hole in his abdomen. The wound was small, deep and penetrated from front to back. It was clearly an arrow wound. However, he had fought Jiang Shuo just now and Jiang Shuo’s crossbow only shot endless arrows. These arrows might be powerful but they weren’t enough to kill him. They only interfered with him and caused him a certain degree of injury. It couldn’t even kill him, let alone seriously injure Shen Yi.

Jiang Shuo also had a trick up his sleeve.

Xie Chi’s brow furrowed and he clenched his hands. Then he opened his mouth. “Can I ask you questions and you answer them? This is faster.”