Chapter 49: Horror Skewers (4)

[The cake in my hand suddenly stopped being fragrant.]

There was cake in his mouth. Xie Chi didn't know if he should swallow or spit it out.

Xie Chi stopped chewing and placed the cake on the coffee table stiffly. Then he looked at the wall again. The shadow of the skinny monkey's cake had returned to normal and the shadow at Gao Le's feet had appeared again. He didn't know if what he just saw was an illusion or reality but he was certain that Gao Le was no longer human.

Gao Le was either fooling Xie Chi by using this method to cover himself up and get revenge or he was covering up the true appearance of the cake. The former was better. If it was the latter...

Xie Chi had no expression on his face. It was useless to think about it. The requirement of act two was to 'eat cake.' The app hadn't vibrated yet so he hadn't eaten enough.

"Brother, we should go through difficulties together, right?" Xie Chi spoke in a very low voice. "Help your super cute brother swallow it."

Xie Xinglan stated, "You little villain."

This was an agreement. Xie Chi smiled shamelessly. "I am Brother's little villain."

Xie Xinglan, who had just come out, smiled slightly. He raised his eyes and looked at Gao Le walking toward him with slight coldness in his gaze. Gao Le walked over, the strange smile gone. It was replaced by a cowardly look. His head was deeply lowered and he looked like he didn't want to say anything.

"Don't be an eyesore. Get lost if you have nothing to say." Xie Xinglan calmly ate the cake.

Gao Le raised his head and asked, "Is the cake delicious?"

His expression was cringing but his tone was light and gloomy. Xie Xinglan felt the malice and teasing in it and sneered. He was going to say 'it's okay' due to the requirements of the second act. Just then, his mobile phone vibrated. Xie Xinglan glanced at it.

[You have completed the cake eating requirement of the second act. Stay for one minute to dig out valid information. Then you will enter the next act.]

Xie Xinglan stared at the cake in his hand. Then he looked at Gao Le from top to bottom before inexplicably smiling. He didn't need to eat the cake anymore and his essence as a bully couldn't change. He had to follow through to the end.

Gao Le must be a ghost. He should've experienced something in the process of cutting off his finger, whether it was being possessed by a ghost or turning into a ghost. This wasn't important. The important thing was that Gao Le's intentions were obvious. He came to seek revenge on this group.

This could be seen from the way he teased Xie Chi just now. Of course, it was unknown if it was just teasing or if the cake really had a problem. The only thing certain was that Gao Le's malice was exposed.

Gao Le might not be able to take revenge freely. If a ghost really came to get revenge, there was no need to talk about benevolence, righteousness and morality. The hatred value was so high that it couldn't get worse.

The next second, Gao Le was caught off guard as cream was thrown on his face. The white plastic plate containing the cake was stuck to his face, making him look very funny.

[Fuck!!!]

[That is a ghost! Hehehe...]

[I just saw him eating the cake and felt aggrieved. Then he suddenly...]

[You are so cool. Thank you.]

A sudden silence filled the box and Gao Le stared at Xie Xinglan with disbelief.