Chapter 87: 1552 Haunted House (19)

"Lu Wen will go look for the brand while you and I will steal the body." Xie Chi spoke decisively.

"Xie Chi!" Ren Ze's eyes moved. Finding the brand was as important as grabbing the corpse but the two weren't in the same magnitude in terms of danger. Grabbing the corpse was their task and failing wouldn't affect Xie Chi. Meanwhile, the brand was the key token of Xie Chi's camp...

"Don't be moved. I know what I'm doing. It isn't about sacrificing myself but maximizing benefits." Xie Chi frowned and spoke calmly. "In addition, Xia Yao is still useful. We might have to save her."

Xie Chi glanced at Lu Wen. "I'll leave the brand to you."

Lu Wen was taken aback before nodding heavily. Such an important task was entrusted to him. Lu Wen felt the burden as he rushed in the direction of the scream.

Xie Chi and Ren Ze walked in the opposite direction, Xie Chi sending a message to Xia Yao as they walked: Hurry and come out.

Xia Yao: ...Huh?

Xie Chi: If you want to save your life then hurry up!

Then a heart piercing scream came from the room next to him. Xie Chi felt suffocated. It was too late!

"Brother, the situation has changed. It is up to you!"

Xie Xinglan came out instantly. He didn't say a word as he kicked open the door violently.

In the room, one person had already been killed silently. The older sister crawled out from under the bed and half kneeled in front of the bed. She leaned forward like a snake, exposing her fangs as she fiercely bit the actress' neck.

The sleeping actress twitched and woke up. She struggled violently, twitching and trembling all over like a dying fish. She struggled hard but her eyes started to turn white. The cry for help became a bit weaker.

The older sister let go with satisfaction and used her fat tongue to lick the blood from the corner of the mouth. Then the older sister heard a noise from the door and looked over, resentment and cunning flashing in her grey eyes.

Xie Xinglan kicked open the door. In the room, two pale ghost hands reached up from under the wooden floor to grab the feet of a corpse respectively, dragging the two corpses down. The older sister was trying to hide the truth and let the actors mistakenly believe that the murderer was a male ghost. The wooden boards were fragile and started to crack. In an instant, ice-like cracks appeared on the floor of the room.

Xie Xinglan rushed over without hesitation. As the sister's hands pulled down, the wooden boards cracked and most of the corpses were dragged below. Xie Xinglan rushed over and grabbed the head of a corpse before it fell. The downward pulling force was huge and the corpse was still falling down, dragging Xie Xinglan's body towards the pit.

The clothes on his chest were torn by friction. Xie Xinglan didn't let go even if his hands were numb. Ren Ze joined in but their strength still wasn't a match for the older sister. Finally, the wooden board under Xie Xinglan's body cracked. There was a loud sound and Xie Xinglan fell down along with the corpse.

"Xie Chi!" Ren Ze lay on one side with wide eyes. For a moment, his heart fought. Below him was the evil ghost but Xie Chi was a teammate. Xie Chi might be doing it for himself but he was also directly completing the task for them...

Ren Ze wasn't a villain who was greedy for life and afraid of death. Ren Ze gritted his teeth before letting go, following the body down the dark hole. Xie Xinglan landed easily and pulled up Ren Ze who had fallen miserably. Ren Ze spat out a mouthful of blood and barely stood firm. He coughed violently, his face pale.