Chapter 130: Hospital (11)

In a dark corner, Xie Chi leaned back and hid his figure as he watched Xie Yang and Yi Hesong pass by. Initially when he came, he was worried about how to get Yi Hesong away from the ward to see Yi Hesong’s patient. Then he saw these two people rush to leave.

Xie Chi gazed in the direction they were leaving in a thoughtful manner. What were they going to do in such a hurry? He saw no one in the corridor and said, “Brother, let’s go.”

“Okay.” Previously, Xie Xinglan had figured out where the switch was. He rushed over and touched it silently. He opened the cover, groped for a moment and turned off the electricity of this corridor.

Darkness was convenient for ghosts to move and it was naturally convenient for people as well. Xie Xinglan could see well in the darkness and easily came to the door of Yi Hesong’s ward. His eyes fell on the lock on the door.

“He locked it before he left.”

It was an old-fashioned external lock.

Xie Chi murmured, “He’s quite cautious.”

Xie Xinglan thought for a moment. “Wait for me.”

Xie Xinglan used the hospital map in his brain to find the nearest sign. He pulled down a long wire from it, made the wire straight and poked it into the lock. He twisted it a few times before propping up the bar inside. The lock gently opened.

[?? The almighty Xie Xinglan.]

[Meow meow meow???]

Xie Xinglan went inside and closed the door.

The red moon in the sky was bright while the white moon was dim. The dull red light shone through the window and struck the face of the old man on the hospital bed. It densely covered him and cast shadows, making him look very evil.

It wasn’t known when Yi Hesong would come back. Time was running out. Xie Xinglan walked over to wake up the old man only to see the file on the table first.

Xie Xinglan picked it up and flipped through it quickly. “He had schizophrenia before. He didn’t show a tendency to hurt people but his hallucinations are very serious. He can’t distinguish between reality and hallucinations. He has a very weak sense toward his illness and doesn’t feel that he is sick at all. His life was normal so he went home to recuperate after a short period of admission.”

Xie Chi asked, “When was the file dated?”

Xie Xinglan’s eyes fell on the date. “Half a month ago.”

Xie Chi was surprised. “It’s only been that long?”

He had asked a NPC nurse and found that Yi Hesong’s patient was the perpetrator of the serial car accident.

He showed no tendency to hurt people half a month ago yet such a bloody tragedy was created a short time later. Was this possible? Simple cognitive impairment and emotional instability could be effectively relieved by taking medicine and wouldn’t evolve into this.

Xie Xinglan suggested, “Perhaps he didn’t take his medicine on time?”

Xie Chi thought about it. “It is possible or he might’ve been stimulated. Of course, the diagnosis could also be wrong.”

“Huh?”

“What if he knows a lot about mental illness? He pretended to be mild and under control in order to be discharged from hospital.”

The old man who was sleeping deeply on the bed grunted and opened his eyes in a tired manner. He had cataracts and he couldn’t see clearly. He could only see that a young doctor in a white coat was standing by his bed.