Chapter 36: Zombie Lovers (19)

"What's cracking?" Lu Wen's thoughts were still on the sudden time skip and he couldn't respond to Taoist Lian Xi's words.Meanwhile, Xie Chi had already strode past him.

Taoist Lian Xi was sweating anxiously. "The face is cracked!"

He instantly poured all the children's blood from the bloody pool beside him in a hurry, causing Yan Jing to immediately become a bloody man. Even so, this didn't stop the cracks on his face from becoming bigger and bigger.

Xie Chi's eyes were heavy but he maintained his composure as he crouched down and carefully examined Yan Jing's face.

The blood that spilled from the cracks wasn't warm. It was instead cold and dark red, indicating that the corpse was well before. Taoist Lian Xi had dared to go out to buy herbs because of this point. Yan Jing's body was very stable.

Now his face suddenly cracked which was a clear sign of failure. Once Yan Jing's entire body split open, the creation of the living zombie would have completely failed.

Lu Wen sweated nervously. "How can this be?!"

Taoist Lian Xi raised his head violently and asked in a sharp voice, "How can you be saying this? What happened to the two of you? Why did this blood dry? I told you many times! If you hadn't wanted him to live then you should've told me to save him from the beginning!"

Lu Wen anxiously defended himself. "I clearly splashed it! I have been watching. I was afraid of making mistakes so I poured in a lot. I'm afraid-"

Xie Chi interrupted. "It isn't your fault. The reason is the time skip."

Lu Wen's voice stopped. Yes, the time skip. It was now three days later which meant he hadn't been pouring blood on Yan Jing for three days. The poured blood had already dried up. Yan Jing only started to crack at this time but he must've been cracking for ages.

Lu Wen's eyes instantly turned red.

Xie Chi stood up and patted him on the shoulder. "I shouldn't have started talking. It is my fault."

If he hadn't explored so much, the horror movie wouldn't have started the time skip. The logic chain was indeed like this and no one could blame Lu Wen. Xie Chi was just stating a fact.

Lu Wen shook his head. "No! This has nothing to do with you. It is just that his horror movie doesn't want us to succeed! It is intentional! A junk horror movie!"

Hope rose and then fell. His expression was too grim.

[A living zombie is too much of a bug and probably exceeded the upper limit of strength in the movie. Therefore, the app doesn't want a living zombie because it isn't in the scope of the predetermined plot. It is easy to cause the ending to go out of control. The time skip could be said to be killing two birds with one stone.]

[There is nothing they can do about it so they are really helpless. They were working so hard for such a long time only to fail? Look, the cracks are becoming bigger.]

Lu Wen vented his resentment while Xie Chi went to Taoist Lian Xi and calmly asked, "Is there any way to remedy it?"

Since Yan Jing could survive three days without the children's blood, anything could happen.

Taoist Lian Xi's face was grey with disappointment. "No, if it is missed then it is missed. It is useless trying to save him. It is up to him if he can survive but most of the them..."

Taoist Lian Xi's eyes were dim. "Most of them left."

"The probability of a living zombie succeeding is too low and the conditions are too harsh. It requires luck that goes against the sky. He was able to survive not only due to his long-cherished desire and pure thoughts. It was also because he has rewards in his body. His ancestor left a very deep luck for him. Now... alas." Taoist Lian Xi couldn't bear to say anything else.