Chapter 135: Hospital (16)

Xie Chi looked back at him and spoke sincerely, “I was thinking that people should believe in the so-called absolutely truth, or believe in themselves.”

“After all, it is your other self. No matter how evil, dark and how much they want to kill you, they are also the person closest to you.”

Ren Ze’s heart trembled slightly and there was a strange feeling that couldn’t be said.

‘The person closest to me?’

Ren Ze was in a slight daze as he thought of his aversion to himself in his adolescence.

He was different. He had a female personality. His self-esteem was low due to this and he couldn’t integrate into the group. He desperately tried to hide Ren Ran’s existence and he also hated Ren Ran. For a long time, he rejected Ren Ran and spoke bad words to her. Ren Ran was innocent and kept trying to make him happy before he slowly resolved this knot. He had always felt guilty about this.

Ren Ze smiled bitterly. “Xie Chi, not everyone knows and trusts themselves.”

It was hard not to hate, let alone understand and trust.

Xie Chi shrugged, still optimistic. “Maybe this is the crux of the matter? Ghost Xie Chi didn’t kill me but took the initiative to find me because he knows I love him and believe in him. He also loves me and believes in me.”

“Because he is me.”

Ren Ze heard this and immediately thought of something. He laughed and his melancholy mood was swept away as he glanced at Xie Chi with a mocking expression, “You have already talked about two people’s love alone so don’t talk about the love of four people.”

Xie Chi, “……”

It was rare to see him so deflated. Ren Ze’s smile became more and more wicked. He thought it was very magical. Xie Xinglan was Xie Chi, ghost Xie Chi was Xie Chi and ghost Xinglan was also Xie Chi. He was four times happy alone.

[Hey Ren Ze, you expressed what I am feeling hahahahha.]

[The subtle sense of cheating when you fall in love with yourself lmao]

[Hahahaha although I know that Xie Chi is referring to self-love, you told him to fall in love with himself?]

Ren Ze knew that time was tight and hurriedly got back to the topic. “So the rule is that when the two moons end, there can only be one self in this world? Did the app tell this to the ghosts or imply it?”

Xie Chi’s eyes fell on the small abandoned fountain on the lawn beside him and was a bit absent-minded. “Yes.”

“What are you looking at?” Ren Ze walked forward suspiciously and followed Xie Chi’s gaze to the fountain. He only saw a pile of dead branches, fallen leaves and small slugs that moved through the water from time to time.

The water in the pool was dirty and there was a concentrated fishy smell because it was stagnant.

“I’m looking at the moon in the water.” Xie Chi was silent for a while before replying. Only then did Ren Ze notice the two moons reflected in the water.

Xie Chi crouched down, picked up a dead branch from the lawn and inserted it into the fountain water, stirring it. The moons shattered and blurred. The water surface was a mess and the reflection of his face was also twisted.

Ren Ze couldn’t understand what he was doing.

Xie Chi waited for the water to calm down and the two complete moons appeared again. He threw away the branch in his hand and seemed to have a feeling. He looked up and confirmed again that only the clouds in the sky were changing, not the moons. The two moons were still the same size and the same brightness. They faced each other, two balls but the colors were different. One was red and the other was white. Only the clouds were different. One was big and the other was small.