Chapter 112: Living Hell (14)

“You mean, the spider silk ladder is a gift that rewards us for trusting each other but the correct direction is… climbing down?!” Ren Ze trembled.

This idea was too subversive and too shocking.

Xie Chi nodded. “If the energy distribution really achieves the idea that all prisoners can stay on a floor comfortably together then it proves that the spider silk ladder is also good. Climbing up will get you closer to the deeper sins, the eternal hell. Then climbing down, relatively speaking, is closer to the grassroots, closer to all living beings and all living beings are in… the human world.”

Xie Chi asked, “Do you remember what the name of our movie is called?”

Ren Ze replied immediately. “Living Hell.”

Xie Chi looked at the vast sea of clouds above his head and the endless abyss below his feet through the blood fog.

“Paradise doesn’t exist. There are only the eternal hell and the human world. The eternal hell is above and the human world is below. We are serving our sentence in the place that lies between the two. So this is… the living hell. You and I are both living while this is our hell. We are prisoners in prison and we will always struggle to choose between the human world and eternal hell. The first is an unrealistic fantasy while the latter is a utopia that is beautiful but difficult to reach.”

“In fact, your words aren’t quite right. The even distribution of energy isn’t common prosperity. It is called egalitarianism. It is also an extreme and is like the idea of the Peach Blossom Spring.”

“This is a movie and it might want to convey something more beautiful.”

“The reason why people are human is because they are always pursuing things that might not be physically obtained such as power, love or the belief in something that might not be real such as Buddha or God.”

“It isn’t hope that needs people but people who need hope, especially in places like hell. We have to believe in something.”

For more, visit novelhall[.]com

“This is probably the theme of Living Hell.”

Ren Ze suddenly became cheerful but also a bit melancholy.

[Suddenly, I think that this movie is beautiful. It isn’t like a ghost movie at all.]

[Son Chi is awesome ahhh.]

[It might spoil the atmosphere but I still want to say that yesterday, Chi Chi was a cold and ruthless exploiter. Today, he changed to a theologian. Son Chi, what is your position?]

[Xie Chi: Live and earn enough points to be first in the comprehensive ranking is my position.]

(Hahahaha this is being flexible and taking advantage of the situation.]

[This movie should be almost over.]

[Speaking of first in the comprehensive ranking, do you think it is Xie Chi or Xie Xinglan? Xie Chi has always been first. Do you think he will be crushed this time?]

For more, visit novelhall[.]com

[I stand by Xie Chi!]

The three of them talked for a while.

Ren Ze looked at Xie Chi. “Then… that poster?”

Ren Ze remembered that on the movie poster, there was a beautiful lotus pond above hell. Xie Chi smiled and didn’t doubt his reasoning. “Lotus pond, a prisoner’s grave, sins are all covered by beauty.”