Chapter 108: Living Hell (10)

Xie Chi pursed his lips.

It obviously wasn’t his style to conclude that Paradise didn’t exist just based on a single painting. After all, art was too subjective and different people had different opinions on how to interpret paintings. He could understand that the painter destroyed herself for an unrealistic fantasy. A painter who thought that art was greater than life sacrificed herself in order to keep her masterpieces forever. These things made sense but the praise and criticism were different.

It was just that his passing thought was really terrifying.

The condition for completing the instance given by the app was to escape from hell. One of the methods was obvious. Don’t commit any crimes during their sentence and they would be released back to the world after serving their sentence. However, this was extremely difficult. Even if he was unwilling to kill, the harsh environment would force him to kill. After all, the premise of escaping was to live. It was meaningless if he wasn’t alive.

In addition, others would try to kill him. In order to protect himself, he was doomed to commit a crime. Both him and his brother had killed people. He thought it would be over once he entered Paradise but now this painting…

Xie Chi stared up at Xie Xinglan and pointed out, “The requirement to complete this dungeon is to escape from hell.”

Xie Xinglan’s expression was stunned. This request was very abstract and didn’t tell them how to escape. The specific escape method was deduced by them based on the information obtained but in fact, the app only told them to escape. It was they who artificially narrowed their thinking to ‘entering Paradise’.

They unknowingly focused on this concept. They only noticed it now that Xie Chi looked back.

“However, the stone tablet does say there is a world of Paradise above the first layer of the hot hells and this Paradise can be entered.” Xie Xinglan paused. “In addition, there is the movie poster. The poster shows a lotus pond wonderland above the hot hells.”

Xie Chi looked down. “I am also thinking about this. In fact, there was the jellyfish-shaped mirage. The current clues are clearly saying that Paradise exists and we can escape from hell by entering Paradise. Yet there is this painting and the meaning is a bit subtle…”

Xie Chi spread out the painting and examined it again. Even if there was a one in ten thousand possibility that something was wrong with Paradise, he had to start thinking about other ways. However, for now, they must proceed with the original plan. It was because opening the spider silk ladder was essential.

Xie Xinglan also didn’t like to keep worrying. “Then we will wait until the spider silk ladder is open before taking another look.”

Xie Chi nodded. It was fine. They just had to keep the painting in mind.

“By the way Brother Xie, I want to understand the accurate definition of ‘death’ in hell.”

He couldn’t call this person ‘Brother’ arbitrarily so the name ‘Brother Xie’ fell on Xie Xinglan’s head.

“Huh?”

Xie Chi spoke as he walked. “In fact, everything that happens here can basically be found in the real world. Energy obviously corresponds to money. A person who is penniless won’t die immediately. It is only when objective conditions such as hunger, water shortage or disease comes into play that they will die.”

“It is just like before. I only had a bit of energy left in my body but I was fine. I fell into the blood pool and didn’t feel the pain of corrosion. You gave me energy again. What I got was ‘money’, not life.”