Chapter 37: Zombie Lovers (20)

At three in the morning, after escaping from the Zhao hour, Yue Xiuming kept running. Due to the heavy rain, no one was on the road. It was dark all around him and Yue Xiuming suddenly braked as the blood drained from his face. There was a dead end ahead of him!

He looked back. In the darkness, there seemed to be something hidden. His pupils shrank and the hairs of his body were standing upright. Yue Xiuming wiped off the rain on his eyelashes and boldly stared into the darkness. After a few seconds, he was finally relieved. It hadn't caught up.

He dared to go back along the original route. He entered a quiet alley and saw a broken wooden house. He thought about it and flashed in sideways, closing the door gently.

Yue Xiuming stuck to the cold wall and could finally breathe. Every pore in his body was clamoring and sucking in air. The sweat beads rolled down continuously and Yue Xiuming was in a state of shock.

Three days ago, he took advantage of the chaos to escape from the Ladies' Building. He wandered the streets for half a day before finally deciding to go to the Zhao house to investigate.

He had no choice. Last time, he kidnapped Yan Jing because he was forced to do so. It was understandable and Xie Chi let him go. However, this time was completely different. Yue Xiuming knew that although Yan Jing was killed by White Apricot, he never would've died if Yue Xiuming hadn't pushed him. Xie Chi was so clever and would've definitely figured out the ins and outs.

Staying in the Ladies' Building was just a dead end. Even the powerful Zhou Tong was tortured to death by Xie Chi, let alone Yue Xiuming. He might be arrogant but he knew he couldn't compare to Zhou Tong.

Thus, this time he was really alone. It was a dead end if he was found by Xie Chi and Lu Wen. He would go to the Zhao house. If he explored the plot and left early then there might still be a chance to live.

Yue Xiuming thought about seeking wealth despite danger and finally sneaked into the Zhao house. He knocked out a young man, took his clothes and pushed him into an abandoned well. He put on the cover of the well and wore the clothes. Then he bought a prop to change his appearance from the app mall and became the humble young man.

On the first day, he wasn't found. That night, he pretended to sweep the floor and suddenly heard Mrs Zhao's voice. He immediately hid himself.

He watched Mrs Zhao lead a few Taoist-looking people to the place where the coffin was left. Mrs Zhao was holding a lamp in her hand. Yue Xiuming had filmed a zombie movie and knew it was a soul-locking lamp.

Tonight was the seventh day after Young Master Zhao's death and her husband's soul had returned. These Taoists should've used special methods to place the soul of Young Master Zhao into the soul-locking lamp.

So why were they going to the copper-horned coffin? Yue Xiuming immediately thought of borrowing the zombie's body to restore the soul.

Yue Xiuming's heart was in his throat and he was both afraid and happy. He was afraid that the boss zombie would be released while he felt happy that if he stopped Mrs Zhao's plan to use the zombie to return the soul, the movie would be over.

The plan was easy to break. He just had to slip in and smash the soul-locking lamp. Yue Xiuming thought about it. Then he took a few deep breaths, leaned down like a cat and approached the wall.

A voice came from the room. "The mistress is so brave. Today's weather is hard to encounter for several years. The young master's soul being bound to the zombie is sure to succeed. There will be no difference."

"I have to trouble you. Can you start now?"

"Wait a minute. There is one hour left..."

Yue Xiuming had reached the edge of the window and was about to raise his eyes to look in when a dark shadow suddenly appeared on the glass of the window! The shadow was behind him! Someone was behind him!