Chapter 150: Tarot

What happened after that was obvious.

Shen Yi’s brother followed the source of the demigod genes and gene modification technology and finally found a way to enter the app. He might’ve gone in by himself or he might’ve tried his best to create a group of absolutely loyal fans to go in with him. Meanwhile, Shen Yi followed Lian Shi’s last wish. He took the app mobile terminal left by Lian Shi and directly entered the app.

Shen Yi’s original surname was Lian. He was afraid of being strangled in the cradle by potential pets in the app during his newcomer period so he changed his face and surname to become Shen Yi.

Shen Yi knew his brother was in the app but apparently he also changed his name and appearance and was lurking.

Shen Yi knew there were many pets in the app but most of the time, he couldn’t tell unless they exposed themselves. It was because pets were very private. Once exposed, they would kill themselves or explode. Their mouths were very strict so he couldn’t dig into the organization deep in the app. In the past two years, he might’ve accumulated a lot of points but he had no idea about the pets in the app.

In the letter, Shen Yi said his brother had entered the app earlier than him. Even if there were fewer points, it wouldn’t be by much. He most likely made a wish to suspend his title and voluntarily stayed at the lower level, avoiding people’s eyes and ears and developing in secret.

Everything that happened now confirmed Shen Yi’s conjecture.

Xie Chi opened the top 10 ranking of the app and saw that the number one on the ranking was called Jiang Shuo. Xie Chi’s memory was excellent. There was no such name in the previous top 10 rankings. In other words, this actor called Jiang Shuo surpassed the other nine peak actors and shot straight to the position of movie emperor. Was this possible?

The old man previously said that this generation was the most declining generation of app actors and needed to recover. The stars of this generation were withered and no longer flourishing. Even so, the position of movie emperor was genuine. Only actors with a black movie could be in this position. Therefore, Jiang Shuo must have a black movie.

The movie where Shen Yi died didn’t become a black movie. This meant Jiang Shuo previously had a black movie. However, if he had a black movie then how could he not be in the top 10 rankings? He must be at least peak level. He might’ve had multiple identities to spread out the points. Yuan Ye’s death made Xie Chi understand that opening another identity was allowed by the app.

Shen Yi’s guess was correct.

In the video, the one standing in the middle of the two seriously injured and who forced Shen Yi to kill himself was Jiang Shuo. Jiang Shuo was a pet. According to the attitude of the other pets, he should be the leader of the Pet organization in the app. In other words… Shen Yi’s brother.

His last words to Shen Yi exposed everything. In the video, Jiang Shuo wondered, “Did you ever think there would be an ending like today when you fought against me in the beginning?”

In the beginning—maybe it meant earlier. Then at the end, Jiang Shuo didn’t kill Shen Yi but forced him to kill himself. Jiang Shuo probably took into account the small family affection that was left and didn’t want his hands to be covered in his brother’s blood.

Xie Chi didn’t hide the truth from Ren Ze and Yan Jing. They both saw the letter and were stunned for a while, unable to speak. Yan Jing gulped. “Brother Xie, the one who was sent away, the one with the demigod genes… is you? Lian Shi is your grandfather and Shen Yi is your father? Su Qing is your l-little mother.”

Xie Chi told him, “Don’t talk if your tongue is knotted, thank you.”