Chapter 73: 1552 Haunted House (5)

The author has something to say: Read this chapter after eating.

TL Note: Just wanted to give a warning that the beginning of this arc is full of some gruesome food imagery so be careful when reading. It will gradually reduce as the arc progresses.
____________________________________

The grey name actor didn't understand Japanese food. He thought that the dish should taste like this and didn't think too much about it. He didn't like the taste so he barely swallowed it and drank something to eliminate the greasiness.

Dinner ended and it was dark.

Xie Chi waited until everyone went back to their rooms before going to the kitchen. Lu Wen watched him open the refrigerator and search around the sink. Finally, Xie Chi went through the garbage can.

Lu Wen walked over. "What's the matter?"

Xie Chi pointed inside the garbage can. "It is reasonable to say that there should be some garbage while cooking, such as vegetable leaves. However, I searched the kitchen and found nothing."

The kitchen was clean and didn't look like it had just cooked a feast. There was some fried food on the table but the kitchen didn't smell of it at all.

Lu Wen reacted by lowering his voice. "You want to ask about where those ingredients come from? How were the dishes made?"

Xie Chi nodded. "In fact, I am made inclined to think that even if the dishes are problematic, only some of them have problems."

"Is it because it is the first day?"

Xie Chi pushed up his glasses. "Yes, it is impossible for all of us to die. Even if it is necessary to reduce the number of people, it will happen in the later stage, not at the beginning."

Lu Wen nodded. Then their phones rang suddenly.

"It should be an update to the plot."

Xie Chi said as he took out his phone to check.

[The plot progress has been updated. Now all actors are asked to go back to their rooms to sleep. You can move freely after the 'incident' occurs.]

Lu Wen stared at the word 'incident' and spoke with a solemn expression. "Does this mean that something strange will happen at night?"

Xie Chi didn't take it to heart. "Yes, it is a haunted house after all. I originally wanted to go to the place where the cook sleeps. Now it can't be helped. Let's go back."

Lu Wen followed him. They went back to their rooms and the app rang again.

[Please turn off the lights and go to bed within half an hour.]

Xie Chi took a shower, turned off the light at the last minute and lay in bed. Before going to bed, he repeatedly confirmed that the door was locked.

"What should we do now?" A faint fragrance entered Lu Wens nose. He turned over to look at Xie Chi in the opposite bed.

"Nothing, sleep." Xie Chi's voice was a bit sleepy.

"Really sleep? Aren't you going to think about the plot?"

"If you think clearly, you can't figure out the part that lacks information. The conclusion is that it makes no sense to do anything other than sleep. Other mental states are meaningless except for sleepiness."

"Xie Chi, why are you so-"

Lu Wen wanted to praise this person but Xie Chi closed his eyes and his lips moved. "I think Ren Ze might be missing a roommate."