Chapter 169: Tarot Game (19)

The person guarded by the hermit died and the room no longer adhered to the obligation to resist outsiders. The stone door opened directly to the people outside. The nauseating smell of blood was smelt.

The actors who were still alive in the instance immediately saw Xie Chi’s body on the ground in the center of the secret room. He had rare good looks. His hair was black and soft while his face was clear and pale. If the terrible bloody hole in his body was ignored, it would look like he had just fallen asleep. The red arrow stuck in his abdomen reminded everyone that he would never wake up again.

He had fallen in a pool of blood and the blood under him formed a shocking pattern, unknown and gloomy. Everything was announcing his death.

Jiang Shuo sent Gu Yu a look. Gu Yu understood. He bent down and tested Xie Chi’s breathing and pulse. Then he raised his head and shook it at Jiang Shuo. Xie Chi was really dead.

Jiang Shuo’s eyes became cruel and the corners of his lips rose slightly in a smile. This was the end for those who went against him. It was the same for both Shen Yi and Xie Chi. They made a fool of themselves.

They didn’t understand his great ideals. They only confined their vision to the present in a short-sighted and stupid manner. So what if they had the demigod genes? Whether it was one or two, both of them died under his hands regardless of the demigod genes.

Jiang Shuo sneered. He especially wanted to ask that old man if he regretted putting the treasure in Shen Yi. If Jiang Shuo was the one who had acquired the demigod genes, he might’ve realized that old thing’s unfinished ideals long ago.

He would do things thousands of times better than Lian Shi. He would make humanity free of illnesses as well as emotions. They would be rational and selfless. He would strip away the ugly genes of humanity and push civilization to a new level.

These people were just stepping stones on his path forward. He didn’t need people to understand. Once he did it, all those who misunderstood and slandered him would feel grateful to him.

Jiang Shuo gently touched his right leg as the ridicule in his ears flooded like a tide. It was accompanied by Lian Shi’s eyes that looked away in a guilty manner and his mother’s fearful and alienated attitude toward him.

She clearly preferred Shen Yi. In those years when he had been stuck in the mud, he had been desperate for someone to come and save him. Yet that old thing who was sitting on everything chose to stand by and watch him struggle in hell, calling for help.

Thus, when he grew up, he could only choose to become that person who would save countless people like him. No one could stop him.

Jiang Shuo’s mood went up and down and his eyes became colder and firmer.

Meanwhile, Gu Yu raised his eyebrow triumphantly and Zheng Luan sighed with relief and joy. Xie Chi was dead. He hadn’t stood on the wrong team and he didn’t have to fear Xie Chi’s hatred and revenge. The most powerful second-tier actor still had a large gap in front of the movie emperor.

Liang Zhen’s eyes filled with even more regret.

Glory had always belonged only to the living. The audience’s forgetfulness was huge. In only 30 years, the grandeur of the demigod had been forgotten in the long river of the movie emperors’ history. Naturally, the dead Xie Chi wouldn’t be remembered.

After all, he was only a second-tier genius who was ended by the movie emperor. He was rare yet disgraceful. He was a flash in the pan at most. He wouldn’t even be able to enter the Ten Temples.

Jiang Shuo’s stain could be cleaned up with time but everything that Xie Chi had done ended with his life. Many amazing things had all turned to dust.