Chapter 118: Chip

Xie Chi opened the app again. The black talent in the talent interface had been unlocked. It was Xie Xinglan’s Demonic Field. There was a white talent below it to be unlocked.

[Do you want to spend 300 points to unlock your talent?]

Xie Chi felt a type of apprehension like he was opening a package and drawing cards.

Xie Xinglan’s tendency was obvious and his talent was relatively easy to guess. The probability of it being good was high. He couldn’t guess his own talent but it had a high probability of being useless.

Xie Chi clicked okay and the 5,415 points suddenly changed to 5,115 points. The lock on the white talent was slowly unlocked and Xie Chi’s heart sank as soon as he saw the name.

[Congratulations on awakening the talent: Painter’s pen.]

So his talent was the first type of special talent? This cost 300 points. Xie Chi sighed and glanced down with no hope. Then he was stunned.

[The painter’s pen can trace the unknown past and the unpredictable future. It is a pen for digging up corruption and is used for prophecy.]

[Talent effect: You can draw paintings that are closely related to horror movie clues.

Note: Needs an ‘inspiration’ trigger. Since this talent consumes too much inspiration, it can generally only be used once in a horror movie. If the inspiration is insufficient. The actor shouldn’t force it or else you might enter an irreversible state of madness.]

Xie Chi looked at this line of words and was slightly distracted. He recalled the strange dreams he had when he was young. He told Lu Wen that he had dreamed many strange and terrifying things for quite a long time. He also heard vague and unpleasant news.

Xie Chi looked down at the message on his phone again. Could this be the source of the talent? All the things he dreamed of existed in the past or might appear in the future? Or were these dreams the truth hidden under the calm appearance of reality?

Xie Chi was a bit dazed. He was a pet, a product of genetic arrangement and combination. It stood to reason that it was impossible to betray the set genes and choose a career contrary to the owner’s wishes, yet Xie Chi did it easily.

His parents expected him to be a scientist. As a child, he had indeed firmly believed that he would become a scientist in the future. However, at some wonderful point, he became interested in painting and finally deviated from his set path. He became a painter.

Was it because he was affected by those dreams?

Xie Chi had a headache when he thought about it. He didn’t want this and wanted to return the talent.

At present, the talent effect was practical but the disadvantage was obvious. Triggering it requires inspiration. Inspiration was too mysterious and he didn’t know when it would come and if it would be enough. Therefore, the stability of this talent was too poor. He couldn’t count on it too much. However, 300 points was definitely worth it.

After thinking about it, Xie Chi sent a message to Shen Yi.

Xie Chi: [Are you free? Can I see you?]

Shen Yi definitely knew why Xie Chi was looking for him. There was no need to talk nonsense and he just asked if they could meet. Xie Chi glanced at his watch after sending it out. It was 9:30 in the evening and he was a bit afraid that he was delaying Shen Yi and Su Qing’s reunion, so he sent another message.

Xie Chi: [If it isn’t convenient then we can meet next time.]

Shen Yi: [Come to my office.]

Xie Chi was surprised. Shen Yi replied in seconds? Xie Chi typed in ‘okay’ and was about to send it over. First, he received a message from Su Qing. [Shen Yi is waiting for you. Quickly go over.]