Chapter 40

Yoongi went closer to Jungkook and hugged him. He started patting his back lightly and said, "Kook, calm down. Doctors are doing their work. They are trying to figure out what happened to him. He will be fine." Jungkook sobbed a little and said, "Hyung, promise me nothing will happen to him. You will not let anything happen to him."

"He will be fine Kook, I promise", said Yoongi. Jungkook pulled away from the hug and spoke while sobbing, "I am scared hyung. I am very scared." Yoongi wiped his tears and said, "Shhh! Don't cry Kook. I promised you right. I will not let anything happen to him. Do I ever deny you for anything? Do I ever break my promises? No, right. Whatever my Kook wants, he gets. He wants his Tae hyung all fit and fine, so he will get his hyung all fine very soon. Trust me, okay Kook." Jungkook nodded and looked at Taehyung again. He went closer to him and sat beside him holding his hand in his own.

He started talking to Tae, "Hyung, please get up. I want to share many things with you.....You know what, Yoongi hyung and me played games together and hyung lost everytime. He sucks at video games. You are jealous of me, right. I enjoyed with him alone. He played with me for the first time......and today, I did extra two hours basketball practice hyung and you know what, I can get selected as my team's captain. I am working hard hyung... the coach said that I can lead the team, I have leader qualities......the day after tomorrow is my basketball team selection trial. You have to come and cheer me..... and you know what, I went to Eunwoo's home today, my friend. I helped him in their store but his grandma got injured..... w-we bought her here.... she is fine now.... hyung you were so busy from past some days since you started that workshop and whatever that event is..... you know what, since then I am feeling myself so alone.... you were busy and I had no one to talk to.... I didn't know with whom I will share my things....I thought that I will work hard and will be selected as a team captain and you will be proud of me then.... then you will spare some time for me but you are lying here... Hyung, yesterday I got a sprain in my ankle while playing, I practiced whole day and it was paining like hell.. I didn't got to tell you about that because you were busy and didn't even had your dinner with me.... I am not complaining hyung... I understand that work is also important...I just want you all fine hyung... I am just blaberring everything right now but I will not bother you much once you will get up.... I just need your little time... just 15 mins from your whole day or maybe just 5... I will just tell you about my things quickly....I will not ask you to play video games with me too... I will play alone....but please hyung... get up... please.... I am all alone without you."

Yoongi's eyes got teary after listening to Jungkook. He realised that he never spends time with his brothers. He always stays busy in his work. He recalled the past days and he didn't even remember the last time talking to Jungkook properly.

He last remembered himself scolding Jungkook for the college fight and punishing him. After that, he again scolded Jungkook when he requested him to allow Tae to go for the event. And when he beated Tae, he never talked to Jungkook since then. He was just busy in his own problems and his own world.

He now realises that even if Tae was busy from past some days, Jungkook could have shared about his things with him but he didn't. Jungkook was upset yesterday but instead of asking him softly, he strictly warned him not to disturb Tae. Jungkook is not at all attached to him. He just respects him and listens to him as his elder.

Jungkook didn't show but he was all alone all the time. It was only Tae who was with him whenever he needed support. Now he realises that when Tae punished Jungkook for disrespecting him, Jungkook was so much affected because his only hyung with whom he shares everything was not talking to him properly. He never consoled Jungkook that time too. He never assured him that he too is with him. Yoongi was now guilty of everything.

Now he realises that by just providing everything to Jungkook whatever he needs, its not enough. He needs attachment and emotional support more than anything else. He now realises that he was always busy setting various rules for his brothers. He was never there for them emotionally but was just busy in keeping them safe.