Chapter 66

Yoongi and Jin immediately went to the backyard. They stopped in their tracks when they saw Jungkook still in the same position, on his knees, all drenched, head hung low, water dripping from his hair, his body and his clothes. He was clenching the hem of his shirt tightly. He was trembling and shivering badly.

Yoongi just stood there looking at Jungkook with guilt that how can he forget about his brother. Jin slowly went closer to him and spoke lightly, "Jungkook!". Jungkook flinched because of the sudden voice and slowly looked up. He gulped and released a slow breath. Jin noticed his eyes looking all tired. Jungkook didn't said anything and again looked down. He in his mind, "I didn't moved a bit. Why hyung is here? Did I do something wrong again? Is he here to throw me out of the mansion?"

He came out of his thoughts when Jin spoke softly, "Kook get up." Jungkook looked at him again and nodded and tried standing up with the entire strength left in his body but he fell down on the ground. Jin immediately crouched down to his level and held his arms and helped him to get up.

Jungkook said while looking down, "T-thank you and s-sorry." Jin was about to caress Jungkook's cheeks, so he raised his hands towards his face. Jungkook thought that Jin is going to slap him so he flinched and turned his head to the side, closing his eyes tightly, clasping his lips together, ready to feel the pain. Jin noticed him and pulled his hand back and spoke lightly, "Jungkook!". Jungkook spoke still closing his eyes waiting for the slap, "H-hyung p-please..... I am s-sorry.... please forgive me-----"

Jin cut him off in between and spoke, "I am not going to hit you Kook." Jungkook opened his eyes slowly and glanced at Jin and put his head down again. Jin spoke again, "Kook, I am sorry. Some work came suddenly and we had to leave. We just came back. Sorry we left you here." Jungkook just nodded. Then he mumbled a small sorry again and asked, "C-can I g-go now?" Jin asked, "Where?"

Jungkook spoke still looking down, "T-to my r-room." Jin caressed his hair and spoke, "Go take rest and we all forgave you." Jungkook snapped his head and looked at Jin and asked, "You all?" Jin nodded and said, "Yes all.... me, Yoongi and Tae too." Jungkook took a deep breath and spoke lightly, "T-thank you."

He turned around and slowly started leaving from there. Jin was expecting a happy reaction from Jungkook but he didn't showed any emotion. Yoongi was just standing there at a distance all the time staring at nothing.

When Jungkook reached closer to Yoongi, he stopped and spoke in a low voice, "T-thank you hyung for... f-forgiving me. I w-will not b-bother you a-again ever. I am s-sorry for e-everything.... for b-being a disappointment and f-for hurting you....s-sorry." Yoongi was not able to speak anything. Guilt was eating him from within.

Jungkook waited for few seconds for a response but started leaving from there when didn't get any. Jungkook in his mind, "He still looks mad. I can't do anything now except making myself distanced from them." He slowly left from there. He was feeling a little dizzy but somehow reached his room. He opened the door and closed it after entering the room. He changed his wet clothes and dried himself and mumbled, "I need to do my laundry too. I will do it tomorrow."

Jungkook laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling. He had no energy left. He put his hand on his forehead and felt hinself burning. He closed his eyes for sometime. Then he got up from the bed very slowly and went towards the washroom. He picked up the first aid kit and came back to his bed. His head was aching badly and he was feeling himself so weak. He pulled out a thermometer from the kit and put it in his mouth. After some time the thermometer beeped. He checked it and saw 104.8°F temperature. He sighed and put the thermometer back.

He searched for some medicine in the kit and found some tablet. He took the glass of water and was about to gulp down the medicine but then realised that he has not eaten anything today. He sighed and mumbled, "I have not eaten anything. Is it safe to take the medicine?"