You/Cat Grant - Surprise

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

"Kiera! Keep up! I need this to be perfect

"Kiera! Keep up! I need this to be perfect. Not a single detail must be out of place. This is important."

Kara was still trying to process what Ms. Grant had just revealed. You, her cousin, had been dating Ms. Grant for almost a year. While you weren't exactly close, the two of you would always check in with the other with keeping the other up to date about the your lives. She had told you that she started dating Lena so she couldn't see why you hadn't told her that you were dating her boss.

"O..of course, Ms. Grant. I'll make that everything goes perfectly."

"Good. You're dismissed for the day. I'm heading home now."

Cat gathers her things and hurries out of the office so she could get home on time. You had texted her to let her know that she had an hour to get home.

X

Lena stopped worked, knowing that she wasn't going to get anything done with Kara pacing up and down her office.

"Darling, do you mind telling me what's on your mind."

"It's (y/n)!"

"Your cousin?"

"Yes, my cousin. I thought we told each other everything. I just don't understand why she kept the fact that she's dating Ms. Grant."

"Maybe it's all new and didn't want to tell you in case things didn't work out."

"Lena, they've been dating for a year and Ms. Grant is already making plans to propose to her. I think it's safe to say that their relationship is quite serious."

"Give her a call. I'm sure she'll explain to you her reasoning as to why she kept it from you."

Kara sighs and nods. Lena was right, she could go on all night with tons of excuses as to why you didn't tell her but calling you would save her time.

'Kara? Is something wrong?'

'Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to see how my cousin is doing. We haven't talked in a while.'

It was strange for Kara to be calling at night during the middle of the week. Your calls would often be in the weekends when the two of you were free from any work or superhero duties.

'I'm sorry, Kara. I've just been so busy with relocating..'

'Wait relocating? You're not going to be living in Metropolis anymore.'

'I didn't tell you? I've been going back and forth between National City and Metropolis that I decided it was better to just move down here. I swear that I was going to tell you as soon as I got settled.'

'That's okay. Like you said. You were busy. Why don't we meet up? It's been a while since we spent some time together.'

'I'll love that. Noonan's at 8AM on Saturday?'

'That works for me.'

X

Just like you said, you met up with Kara on Saturday morning.

"So I'm happy that you're going to be around more but what made you decide to pick National City from Metropolis."

"Why do I get the feeling that you already know why I'm moving to National City?"

"That's because I do! I can't believe that you're dating Ms. G..."

You quickly cover her mouth, apologizing to the patrons that had turned to the two of you.

"Not so loud! We don't want people to know."

"We're family. Why did you keep it from me?"

"Cat didn't want anyone to know. I wanted to tell you, trust me, I did but I couldn't go against her wishes. I'm assuming that she said something to let you know that we're dating." Kara nods. "Well what did she say?" Kara goes quiet, making you think that something as up. "A minute ago, you were saying that we're family and that we don't keep things from each other."

"I can't say it. I really can't. It's a surprise."

"Alright. Alright. I won't ask again. Cat would know if you ended up telling me and not even I could stop you from firing you. She hates when her surprises are spoiled."

The two of you soon changed the subject and talked about everything that had happened since your last phone call.

X

"So we're telling people now?"

"What?"

You were finally laying in bed, holding her as the two of you were about to sleep.

"My cousin managed to find out about us."

"Wait, your cousin? Who is your cousin?"

"Kara Danvers. You know, your favorite secretary in the world."

Cat's eyes widen in realization. She had been far too busy with planning the proposal that she had forgotten the fact that Kara was your cousin.

"She didn't tell you anything, did she?"

"No. She refused, saying that it was a surprise."

Cat hated that you knew about the surprise but at least you didn't know what it entailed.

"Good. I would've fired her if she had."

"She's your best assistant. Would you have really fired her?"

"Yes. But only for a day so she can see that I will very much fire her if she says something that she's not supposed to say."

You just shakes your head and press a kiss against her shoulder.

"Of course. We can't have anyone thinking that you have a soft spot for my cousin, do we?"

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"I love you too, Cat. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Lena Luthor - Food

Jamie (The Haunting of Bly Manor) - Work

Kara Danvers - Chip

Cheryl Blossom - Closet

Lena Luthor - Part 2 //R does not care

Dianna Agron - Announcement

Angelina Jolie - Dislike

Lena Luthor - I Will Think of You

Nyssa/Sara - Hurt

Nyssa - Pinned

Taylor Swift - Hidden

Katie McGrath - Lunch

Maggie Sawyer - Broken

Lena Luthor - Secretary

Daenerys Targaryen - Posessive

Angelina Jolie - Shield

Morgana Pendragon - New

Gwen Stacy - Dimension

Chloe Decker - Days

Sophia Bush - Accident

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!