You/Alex Danvers - Pain

You held your heads up and smiled widely as you got closer to the finish line

You held your heads up and smiled widely as you got closer to the finish line. The race was yours and nobody could take your first place spot. The closest runner still was far away that you weren't worried that a burst of speed from them would suddenly cause you to lose.

You're just a few centimeters of crossing finish line when you suddenly feel like you had been shot. You fall over, your finger tips just barely grazing the finish line. Everyone rushes to your aid as they try to figure out what was going on. There was no physical injuries nor was there any blood. You've never felt pain like this before so it's unbearable to you. They try to help you but without physical injury, there's nothing they can do to ease your pain. Eventually medics arrive and give you a mild sedative to knock you out and take you to a nearby hospital.

X

Kara paced up and down the waiting room while she waited for any information of Alex's surgery.

"Kara, you need to sit down. You've been pacing up and down for almost an hour."

"I'm sorry Lena but I can't sit still. I'm worried about Alex. I've never seen her in so much pain."

Lena stands up and makes her way over to pull Kara into a hug.

"She's going to be okay, Kara. Alex is a fighter. Lets get you something to eat in the meantime. I know Alex doesn't want to deal with a hungry Kryptonian when she wakes up."

Kara lets Lena lead her to the kitchen after John promises to call them if he hears any news about Alex.

X

Both Lena and Kara are startled by someone's screams from down the hall. They watch as several nurses run to a room talking about some code violet. A minute after the nurses walk in, the sound of glass breaking is heard. Without thinking, Kara makes her way over to see what the situation was about. Lena tried to get her to stop making her way over but Kara paid her no attention as she focused her hearing on what people where saying in the room.

"Ma'am! Please, you need to calm down. Let us give you..."

"No! I will not allow you to drug me again! It didn't work and it won't work again!"

A few more steps and Kara is able to spot nurses trying to restrain you.

"You can't be here! You need to go."

"She's my sister! Let me help." Kara wasn't sure what possessed her to say you were her sister but the words just slipped out of her mouth. The nurse reluctantly lets her in, in hopes that she's able to calm you down. "Will it help if I let you squeeze my hands as hard as you can?"

You wanted to scream at the stranger that was trying to help you but her offer sounded good. Without saying anything, you took her hands and squeezed them as hard as you could to focus on anything but the pain that you were in.

X

It's not for another 30 minutes when the pain finally leaves that you're able to talk properly.

"Thank you for that. It actually helped. My name is (y/n)."

The blonde gives you bright smile, happy that she had been able to help.

"Of course. My name is Kara. I'm glad you're not in pain anymore. I assumed that had something to do with your soulmate."

"Yeah, it felt like I was shot and then things got worse as the ambulance approached th...." You stop talking when you see Kara frown. "Is everything okay?"

"You said that you felt like you had been shot? And that as you got closer that the pain was got worse."

"That's what I said."

Kara looks towards Lena and then back to you.

"My sister got shot and they brought her in almost an hour ago."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. It was the first time experiencing your soulmate's pain at 100% and you had already managed to find them.

"Then I can safely say that your sister is alright."

"And I say we should go pay her a visit then. I'm sure after getting shot that she'll be thrilled to see that you had found her."

X

Alex eyes you warily as you stood besides Kara while she introduced you.

"Guess who's going to owe me a year's worth of potstickers for finding your soulmate."

It doesn't take long for Alex to realize who you were. She gives you a warm smile and motions for you to get closer.

"I don't know. Considering that you're 50% at fault that I got shot, I think we're even. If she said anything bad about me, please ignore her. She was just worried because I got shot."

Before Kara could have a chance to defend herself, Lena drags her out of the room to give the two of you space.

"Quite the opposite. There wasn't a single negative thing that Kara said about you. In fact, I almost feel undeserving of you."

"Don't say that. The universe paired us up for a reason. It's never been wrong."

"Alex, I...."

"Not another word about you thinking that you don't deserve me. Now after the ordeal that I just went through, how about you tell me about yourself?"

Neither of you stopped talking to one another until Alex eventually fell asleep from exhaustion. Even then, she insisted for you to stay. She didn't want to wake up and think that meeting you had all been a dream.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Ella Lopez - Same

Nicole Haught/Waverly Earp - Safe

Natasha R.... - Care //kid

-----------    

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!