You/Harley Quinn - Long Time Part 1

Harley grabbed the bars of her cell and poked her head through them to see if it was in fact you walking down the hall. When she noticed it was you, she smiled widely and waved at you. 

"Baby! I knew you were going to come visit. I told everyone but they wouldn't believe me."

She pouted when you kept a distance where she couldn't reach you to give you a hug. It had been so long since she's since you and she missed you. 

"What do you want Harley? They forced me to come down here because you refused to talk to anyone other than me."

"Because you're special! I'm only willing to talk to you and only you. None of those bozos that think just because they were graced with my presence that they're special."

"Well I'm here so talk."

"We have all the time in the world! There's no need to rush things."

You pinched the bridge of your nose, making Harley notice that you were getting annoyed. She knew that if she kept dragging your visit longer that you would eventually just leave her for someone else to deal with. 

"I don't have time for this, Harley. I was pulled from my investigation because you apparently have important information. Now are you going to tell me or not?"

Harley sighs as she lets her head rest against one of the bars. She really fucked up. You had never been so cold with her. You've always treated her like a normal person after what Joker did. 

"I just wanted to apologize...."

You don't give her a chance to finish as step closer to her cell and grip her shirt to pull her close so the two of you were inches from each other. 

"No. You don't get to do this. You don't get to pull this shit, Harley. I don't need you to bring up the past that I want to forget. Are you going to tell me or are you going to continue wasting my time."

You might be furious but Harley wasn't afraid. She knew you wouldn't hurt her despite after what happened. It did upset her that the love she used to see in your eyes was gone. Replaced by anger and sadness.

"He's planted several bombs throughout the city. Most of them are located in the precincts but a few are located in several high schools and middle schools." You let her go and start heading back the way you had come from without sparing her a glance or saying anything else. "Wait! I'm really sorry, (y/n). Please! I've changed....I want to change!"

Harley continued to try to get you to turn back around and talk to her but eventually you disappeared down the hall. 

X

It's been a week since Harley had showed up back in your life and you couldn't get her out of your mind. It made you furious that she thought she could just show up again and apologize for everything that she had done. 

Even after she had broken up with you all those years ago, you still had feelings for her. Your heart still raced when she called you 'baby.' You wanted to kiss her when the two of you were so close but you couldn't. Harley had made her choice. She wanted the Joker because you were boring. He was what she needed and you were simply something for her to entertain herself until he came back. 

There's a knock at your door to pull you out of your thoughts. 

"We need..." You slam the door shut but her foot stops it from closing. "Ow..talk."

"Go away, Harley. You should be in prison. What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to actually talk. You didn't give me a chance to do so."

Her loud voice would surely attract the attention of your neighbors so you grabbed her arm and pulled her inside. 

"What makes you think that I won't arrest you now?"

You pulled out your cuffs, making her laugh. 

"Because if you do, I'll just keep coming back until you let me talk. Besides I could think of other ways you could have better use for them."

Your cheeks reddened at what Harley was implying. You turn around when you notice her smiling. 

"Fine! Talk and then I want you out of my life. I was finally at peace with what happened and then you had to ruin it by coming back."

"I....I'm sorry, (y/n)." She says genuinely, her head lowering in shame. It actually seemed like she wasn't lying about being sorry but you knew better by now. She would apologize and say she'll change but nothing ever did. Harley always went back to the Joker, leaving your heart in pieces every time you woke up to an empty bed. "It's taken me so long to realize that you're the one I want. You're the one that genuinely makes me happy. You're the one who always makes me feel better when I'm down. You're the one who I want to grow old with."

You remained quiet, knowing you were making her uncomfortable with the blank expression you had on. 

"I have nothing to say to you, Harley. I would've been overjoyed to hear those words years ago but not anymore. Now they just make me sick." You stood up and made your way over to where she was standing. She thankfully doesn't move as you turn her around and cuff her hands. "You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything..."

"Just take me back to prison."

She sounded so hurt and you wanted nothing more than to hold her in your arms and accept her apology but you just kept quiet and led her to your car. She wasn't going to make a fool out of your again. You had a career to think of. Harley was a distraction that could've ruined everything you had worked for. It was a good thing she broke things off all those years ago.