You/Regina Mills - Nothing(Angst)

(Once Upon a Time)

You scoffed at the sight of Regina's tears

You scoffed at the sight of Regina's tears. If she was truly against the marriage then she would've run away with you.

"I believe you've made up your mind Regina. There's no reason for us to stay any longer."

You grab Reign's bag and gently pick her up from her crib. You covered her with a blanket and began to head out.

"P..please. Don't go. I...I'll fix this."

You stopped when you heard her whisper. You felt your chest tighten as she began to sob loudly. All you wanted was to turn around and pull her into your arms but you couldn't. Regina had made her choice and you made yours. She had chosen to marry Leopold despite already having a family with you. Clearly her priorities were still to please her mother.

"I'm sorry, Regina."

You continued walking without turning back.

X

"Mom, come on. You're exhausted. We need to rest."

"I'm fine, Reign." You tried to hold back a yawn but it was impossible. You had been driving since the early morning without any rest. "Alright. I guess it wouldn't hurt to stop."

Following the directions to the nearby town, you ended up arriving to town called Storybrooke. There's no hotels with the exception of a bed and breakfast called Granny's. It doubled as a restaurant and you were relieved that it was also opened. You couldn't remember the last time that you had eaten.

After parking the car, you and Reign head inside. A waitress takes your orders and the food is brought out in a record of time. For being a small diner, the food was quite delicious.

"Aren't you glad that I made you stop, mom?"

You rolled your eyes and headed to the counter.

"Whatever, Reign. Just be glad that I'm not making you drive."

You ask for a room for the two of you.

"And under what name will the room be?"

"(full name)."

The woman pauses for a second and then resumes writing down your name. She gives you a smile and hands you a key.

"Enjoy your stay."

X

"What is it that you want, Granny? I'm busy."

Granny tosses a notebook on Regina's desk, making the mayor look up. She raises her brow at the older woman.

"You need to see who just checked in."

"I'm the mayor of the town. Why would I possible need...."

"Just look Regina!"