You/Katie McGrath - Valentine's

It was upsetting to hear that Katie wouldn't be able to visit for Valentine's Day but you understood that she just couldn't get away from work

It was upsetting to hear that Katie wouldn't be able to visit for Valentine's Day but you understood that she just couldn't get away from work. The only thing that sucked was being surrounded by couples that were celebrating the day. You weren't bitter about it but you were jealous of the fact that they got to spend the day together.

With a sigh, you turned away from the couple that couldn't keep their hands to themselves. All you needed to do was grab your coffee and hurry to your office so you could stop seeing others celebrating the day. When your name is finally called, you hurry to grab your coffee order and rush out to your car and to your office.

X

Katie had called you on the way as she knew you would finally be free to answer her call. You were always waking up late and hurrying to get to work so she figured it was safe to wait until she knew you were already on your way.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love!"

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I'm surprised you called me this early. You're usually not up so early."

"I know but I wanted to wish you a happy day before you got to work. I know how busy you tend to get."

"I could've set aside a couple of minutes to answer your call."

"I don't want your boss getting mad at you...but anyways! I also wanted to let you know that while I might not be there to celebrate the day with you, maybe we can have a date on FaceTime. "

"I'd love that. Same time as always."

"Yep! I love you. I'll let you go now. You're probably already arriving."

"It's scary how good you are at this. I love you too. I can't until the evening!"

"Neither can I. Have a good day at work."

"Likewise, darling."

You soon hang up and make your way inside your office.

X

Your secretary is smirking when you finally. You looked at her curiously, wondering what she was up to.

"Well good morning to you, Mia. You seem happy."

"Why wouldn't I be? Faith woke me up with breakfast in bed and..."

You knew exactly where she was going with this and you wanted no part of it.

"Please don't tell me your bedroom activities. I'm your boss. I don't need to know that."

"Yeah but you're also my friend but I'll keep them to myself this time. You have no meetings today but you do have a lot of paperwork to fill. I left everything on your desk."

You thank her and head inside to get the day started. It took you a second to look up to find the several gifts, flowers and balloons on your desk.

"Mia, is this mine?"

She pops her head in and smiles when she sees your surprised expression.

"Mhm. Your lovely girlfriend asked for a few favors. We're honestly so lucky to have such wonderful girlfriends. I'll let you open them in peace."

Mia closes the door behind her to give you some privacy.

X

You didn't even bother to open the gifts as you quickly called Katie.

"I take it that you saw your little surprise."

"Little? This is not little. My desk is overflowing with everything that you got me."

"Good! I was planning on getting you more things but I felt bad for Mia so it'll just have to wait until I'm there."

"Katie, you didn't have to do this. I would've been happy with just some flowers."

"You know me, I like going the extra mile. Do you love it?"

"I love it and I love you. I don't know what I did to deserve someone as amazing as you."

"Oh stop, flattery will get you everywh..." Katie stopped talking as she heard her doorbell ring. "Just a sec." She checks to see who it is and finds a delivery man holding a large amount of flowers. "...you didn't."

"I did.."

You smiled as you heard her laugh. You stay on the line as you hear her talking to the delivery man. When she comes back on the line, you could hear her holding herself back from crying.

"(y/n), I fucking love you. I honestly have no words."

"I love you too. I couldn't decide on what flowers to get you so I got you all of them."

"Well I love them. I do feel bad for the delivery man. He just keeps going back and forth."

The two of you stay on the line a little longer until Katie eventually has to go as she needed to get ready for work. With the two of you promising to FaceTime later in the day, you both hung up.

You didn't want to open Katie's gifts but she was insistent on you opening them and so you did. Each present that you unwrapped just left you in awe at the effort that she took to make them all special. You couldn't wait until the two of you met to properly celebrate the day.

-----------

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Rebekah Mikaelse/Hayley Marshall - Protective

Emily ... - Ring

Sarah Truong - Along

Maggie Sawyer - Broken Part 2

Arizona Robbins - Upset

Katie McGrath - Truth

Rebekah Mikaelson - Meeting

Natasha R... - Cry Part 2

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!