You/Morgana Pendragon - Ring

Morgana held tightly on to the ring as she looked at you

Morgana held tightly on to the ring as she looked at you. Ever since the two of you started your trip back home, all Morgana could think about was proposing to you. She had specifically made the trip to the nearby kingdom just so she could visit a blacksmith to make your ring. She had a specific idea of what she wanted for it to look like and he was the only one who worked with the material. She invited you with the excuse that the she was simply making casual visit to the Queen in the kingdom. You were none the wiser, simply happy to be accompanying her on the trip.

You slowed down your horse as you found her deep in thought.

"Is something wrong, Morgana? You've been quiet since we left the kingdom."

"No, nothing is wrong. I'm just thinking about what the Queen was saying."

"Did she say something bad to you? Lets go back and I can give her a piece of my mind."

Morgana laughs, shaking her head at your idea.

"No. She didn't say anything bad to me. I simply asked her for some advice and she gave it to me."

"What kind of advice did you ask her for?"

If Morgana had told you the truth, it would ruin the surprise that she had in store for you. She had vowed to never lie to you and she's managed to keep her promise but lying would be the only chance to keep the surprise a secret.

"About what to do with my brother. She was in the same position as me and I figured that she could help me think of something rather than just keep him in a cell."

"Well, what did she tell you."

If Morgana could keep the queen's advice to be vague, she could tell you the truth.

"To follow my heart. I'm basically the only one that could have a right idea of what to do with Arthur."

"I'm sorry, Morgana. I know how much you hate keeping him in the dark cell."

"Enough of him. Lets just enjoy the scenery. It's quite beautiful out here."

X

Morgana had specifically instructed for them to set up camp near a lake the was a little out of their way. The trip had seemed longer because it actually was, you just had no way of knowing that you weren't following the path to Camelot.

"This is beautiful, Morgana. Did we pass through her when we were on our way?"

"I'm afraid not but the queen told me about it and I thought that it would be a nice spot for us to set camp."

"I shall send her a gift for recommending such a beautiful location."

You make your way to the lake, leaving Morgana behind. Morgana had stayed put, thinking if now was the correct time to ask you to marry her. She's had the ring for a few days now and there never seemed to be a perfect time to ask you.

"(y/n)?"

You turned around to find Morgana kneeling besides you. She looked like a goddess with the sunset in the background. It was too beautiful not too draw.

"I'm sorry, Morgana. Just stay like that. Don't move."

Used to being told not to move so you could draw her, Morgana stayed still as you stood up and rushed to get your drawing pad.

"You look beautiful, Morgana. I don't think my drawing can capture your beauty."

Morgana wanted to tell you otherwise but she kept quiet. Simply waiting for you to finish drawing a sketch. You would always take a few minutes to sketch things out and then do the rest of the details at a later time. You quickly rushed to draw what you were saying until you were satisfied with the complete sketch.

"What do you think?"

You showed the sketch to her, making her gasp as she saw what you drew.

"(y/n), this is..."

"You hate it, don't you?"

You were about to rip it out when Morgana stopped you by placing her hand over yours.

"It's beautiful. You're an amazing artist. This is why all my portraits are replaced by the ones that you do."

You can't help but blush at the compliment. Morgana always loved your drawing and will tell you so but it was hard not criticize your own work.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for interrupting you earlier. I just couldn't help myself. What were you going to ask me?"

Morgana laughs as she pulls out the ring.

"If you would marry me. I had this whole speech prepared but I...."

You wrapped your arms around her neck and pulled her in for a bruising kiss. It's not until the two of you are running out of breath when you pull apart.

"Yes! Of course, I'll marry you, Morgana." Morgana smile wider as she slid the ring on your finger. Looking at it closer, you could see how it shined despite any light. The gem reminded you of Morgana's eyes. "Morgana, this is beautiful."

"You deserve the best, (y/n). This is the only one of its kind, just like you."

Despite how cheesy her words were, it made you smile like an idiot. You leaned in and kissed her again.

"I love you Morgana Pendragon."

"and I love you, (full name)."