You/Cat Grant - Snippets Part 1

Considering that Cat had just asked you to move in with her, you knew it was time for you to come clean about where you actually worked

Considering that Cat had just asked you to move in with her, you knew it was time for you to come clean about where you actually worked. There was no way you could move in with her if you were hiding such a big secret from her.

"What is it?"

You could hear the worry in her voice and it made your guilt grow. You weren't sure what you did to deserve her.

"I lied about working at the FBI. I actually work for a secret government agency called the DEO. Which stands for the Department of Extranormal Operations. They monitor any extraterrestrial presence in the planet."

You spilled within a single breath, knowing it was just better to reveal everything. Cat doesn't say or do anything for a minute but then she starts to laugh. You expected everything but laughed and now you weren't sure what to do.

"You expect me to believe that you work for this secret government organization that somehow has remained secret for who knows how many years?" You nod slowly. Cat sighs and turns her chair around so the back of it was facing you. "If you didn't want to move in with me..."

"No! I mean yes! I want to move in with you! I'm telling you because it's not fair for me to keep lying to you." You stood up and made your way to her desk. Pulling out your wallet, you slide your ID and badge to her. "I'm not lying, Cat."

She turns back around to pick up both objects and takes her time to inspect them.

"Alright. I believe you. So what does this mean for us?"

"It means I won't have to lie to you about where I'm actually going and I can actually talk to you about what actually goes on in the city."

Cat rolls her eyes and tosses back your things.

"I should be furious that you kept this behind my back but I understand. I'll forgive and forget if you tell me everything and I do mean everything."

Happy that she wasn't breaking up with you and the two of you were going to soon move in, you spilled everything.

X

With Cat now knowing who you worked for, you no longer had to lie to her. The only problem was that your hours were extended as punishment for telling someone that wasn't authorized to known. It was hard to be away from Cat and Carter but the two of you made it work. When you couldn't, Kara would babysit.

You frown when you notice Cat calling you while you were at work, especially when she knew you were about to go on a mission. If she was calling you, it meant that it was an emergency.

"Cat? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry for calling you but is there any way you can find someone to babysit Carter..."

"What happened to Kara? She was supposed to take care of him?"

"She left him home alone...."

"What?!" You were furious. You understood she had a lot of responsibilities as Supergirl but the least she could've done was left him with someone that the two of you trusted. "I'm on my way."