You/Meredith Grey - Shock

Taking a deep breath, you carefully finished stitching up the cut

Taking a deep breath, you carefully finished stitching up the cut. Once done, you let out a sigh of relief and took a step back to let the others finish their jobs. You had finished yours and there was no need for you to continue being in the room. Clear of any medical devices or sharp objects, you hurried out the door to take off all your gear. The surgery had taken almost 3 hours and you were exhausted. The only reason why you weren't heading straight to your car to head back to your place was because you wanted to have lunch with Meredith.

Considering that you were a surgeon with crazy hours, it was hard to match up your schedule with Merediths. The two often tried but it was only enough so that the two of you would have lunch together a few days of the month. It was terrible to not be able to spend time with Meredith but there was only so much you could do. You had a say in your hours but it was difficult for you to decline any surgeries. The people specifically requested for you or doctors asked for you because you were good at your job. You would be devastated if you learned someone had died because you hadn't performed the risky operation.

X

After making a quick stop at the cafeteria for both of your lunches, you headed towards the floor of Meredith's office. You had barely gotten out of the elevator when you heard Meredith's voice. It made you smile but you stopped doing so when you heard the distress in her voice. You rushed to where you heard her voice was coming from to hear her arguing with one of her colleagues. You had seen him around but never bothered to remember his name.

"I told you that I'm not interested, Andrew."

"Why? Just give me one good reason."

You cleared your throat, catching both of their attentions. You could see the relief in Meredith's eyes when she sees you.

"What's going on here?"

"It's none of your business. Go away."

"Excuse? I think this is very much my business. Why are you harassing my wife?"

Andrew's eyes widen as he looks between you and Meredith.

"You're married?! No way! T...That's not true. Is this your way of trying to get me to back of Meredith because I don't buy it."

This guy was pissing you off. Something that rarely happened. You could handle this two ways and you decided to go with the easiest option. Walking up to Meredith, you leaned in to give her a soft kiss while sticking out your middle finger to Andrew. It wasn't professional for surgeon to do so but you didn't care. He was hitting on your wife and you weren't going to let him deny your marriage.

"Is that proof enough for you? Now fuck off before I talk to the higher ups to get you transferred." He doesn't even say anything as he turns in the other direction to leave the two of you alone. The sight alone just makes you laugh. "Are you okay, Meredith?"

"I'm fine. Thank you for coming to my rescue. I had been trying to get him to fuck off for quite a while but he never listened."

"Really? Maybe I should talk to the higher ups."

"If it happens again, I'll allow you to do so but for now. I just want to spend my lunch together. Come on, I've been looking forward to it for a few days now."

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page'

Chloe Decker - Days Part 2

Laurel Lance - Lost

Natasha R... - Cry

Rebekah Mikaelse/Hayley Marshall - Protective

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!