You/Lena Luthor - Cat

You sigh at the familiar tone of Lena's voicemail

You sigh at the familiar tone of Lena's voicemail. For the past 10 minutes, you had been trying to reach her but she never answer her phone.

"Hey, babe. I'm at Noonan's, let me know if you're able to come or not. I love you."

You hung up and scrolled through your emails to wait for a response that she wouldn't be able to come. There were times that Lena would just get so invested in her work that she would often forget about everything. You loved her dedication but it sucked when it interfered with a date.

The 10 minutes pass and there's no sign of her. Taking it as a sign that she wasn't going to join you for lunch, you decided to just bring your lunch back to the office. You start to grab your things when a black cat suddenly jumps on the table.

"No! Bad kitty. Get off of the table." You attempted to shoo it away but it would just hiss at you. Taking the loss, you just grabbed your bag and left your sandwich to the cat. "Enjoy your meal."

You mumbled to them as you left. You take a few steps, almost tripping when the cats walks between your legs. Had it not been for the bench nearby, you would've fallen.

"Did you not like the sandwich? It had ham in it." You tell them as they look up at you. The cat just meows at you before climbing on to the bench and then your shoulders. "No! Get off of me. I have to go to work." Again, you attempted to grab the cat but they just hissed at you. Not wanting to be late, you figured that they'll eventually get tired of sitting on your shoulders and climb off. "First my sandwich, now this. You're lucky that I'm a cat person." The cat again meows and rubs its head on you. You can't help but smile at the action and pet them. This time the cat doesn't hiss, simply leans closer to your touch. "Well aren't you a cutie. If only Lena was here, she would've loved you."

X

"Don't ask. They just climb on my shoulders and decided that I should adopt them. Will it be too much to ask if you go out and buy some cat supplies. Just a bed, toys and some food."

You secretary stared at you, bewildered that you were just adopting a cat from the street.

"Ms. (l/n), wouldn't it be a good idea for you to go take them to the vet. Before you consider adopting them."

You look towards the cat and then back to your secretary.

"Alright. But schedule it for tomorrow, I don't want to scare them off."

"Understood. By the way, Natasha is in your office. She's refused to leave, saying how it's important that she meets with you."

You almost groaned at the thought of having to meet with her. No matter what, she always demanded to meet with you for something trivial that could be done through email. Being far too nice than you needed to be, you never kicked her out from your office.

"Thank you, Lianne. I'll deal with her."

X

Before entering, you took a deep breath and walked in with a smile. She turns around from her seat to greet you, stopping when she sees the cat.

"(y/n), you have a..."

"Cat on my shoulders? Yes, I went out for lunch and they decided that I should adopt them. Who am I to say no?"

"You're far too nice. I would've dropped them off at the pound." You frown at her words, making her switch the conversation. "How was your lunch? I heard you were going to meet with a friend."

Being too busy with petting the cat, you don't take notice of jealous tone as she mentions your friend.

"Yeah, she bailed on me but that doesn't matter. What can I help you with?"

Natasha's smile reappears when you mention that you had been stood up. This worked perfectly for her.

"Why don't you join me for lunch? We can go to the diner down the block."

The cat hisses at her when she attempts to get closer to you. You hide your smile at her shocked expression. Perhaps keeping the cat would help you with your Natasha problem.

"I'm sorry but I already ate. Perhaps another time if that's fine with you."

Natasha quickly nodded, not really paying attention. She was far too focused on the cat that looked like they were going to claw her eyes out.

"Y..yeah. Yeah. That's fine. I forgot that I have a meeting in a few minutes. I have to go. I'll send you the files that you need to sign."

She leaves before you even have a chance to say goodbye.

"What an unexpected benefit. I'm bringing you all the time with me. I've never been able to kick her out but you managed to scare her off."

The cat almost looks happy as it meows and cuddles to you.

X

Lena still hadn't returned your call but the cat was keeping you occupied. You still hadn't named them, preferring to just wait until Lena called to tell her about the cat. Packing up your things, you grabbed the bed and some of the toys as the cat jumps on you.

"Come on, it's time to head home. Maybe Lena will meet us there."

X

"Kitty? Where did you go?" You had only turned around for a second and the cat was gone. You searched all over the house, finding no trace of them. There's a loud crash in your bedroom and you rush upstairs to see what trouble they had done. "Lena? When did you get here?" You searched the room for any sign of the cat but they were gone. "wait, where's kitty?"

With your help, she stands up, cleaning off any dirt that she had gotten in her adventure.

"More importantly, who is this Natasha?"

You take a second to think back about how it was possible for Lena to find out about her. You've never told her, not really seeing a point to it since she wasn't really a threat. Thinking back, you suddenly remember thinking about how similar the cat's eyes were to Lena's.

"You were the cat?! What the hell happened? Are you okay?"

"I was the cat and I'm not sure. One second, I was human and the next, I was cat. I'm fine. I'm just little annoyed about this Natasha. Who the hell is she and why does she think that it's okay to flirt with you?"

"She's a nobody and I don't think she'll be trying to flirt with me after what you did."

Lena grins, feeling satisfied with herself.

"Good, because you're mine and we're telling the world that you're taken."

You didn't really protest, simply happy that you would get to hold and kiss her whenever you wanted.