You/Natasha Romanoff - Cry Part 1

You didn't want to admit it but you had fallen for Natasha

You didn't want to admit it but you had fallen for Natasha. Despite all your attempts to deny your feelings, it was impossible. With the two of you working so close together, you weren't able to run away and hope your feelings for her faded. The only thing that was stopping you from actually running away is that Natasha had come to depend on you since you were partnered up with her. In all her years of being Black Widow, she had never depended on anyone other than the Avengers. It was rare for her to have a partner so you were honored that she asked you to stick around after the first mission that the two of you had been paired up with.

You weren't sure how Natasha hadn't come to know about your feelings considering with the way you acted around her. You were clumsy, could barely even for a sentence, your cheeks were always flushed, and you always jumped away whenever the two of you accidentally touched.

"You're not fooling anyone."

"Huh?"

It was just you and Thor in the room as you waited for Natasha to arrive with all the information for the latest mission.

"It's obvious that you're in love with Natasha. Your whole attitude changes when you're around."

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

"Come on. I'm the god of love...." You raised your eyebrow at the declaration. "..okay, I'm not the god of love but I am a god."

"What does you being a god have to do with anything?"

"I've been around far longer than you have. I've seen just about everything and I know what it looks like when someone is in love. You should tell Natasha."

"Thor, seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I'm being serious too. With our line of work, we never know if we'll make it another day. It's important that we let people know how important they are to use."

"Maybe."

Your talk was interrupted when Natasha finally arrived.

X

The mission had gone as well as the others. The information that was needed had been received and all that you could do was wait for further instructions about how you'll proceed to the next part. It was just you and Natasha alone in the deck as Thor had gone to get some sleep. The conversation from earlier was still on your mind and you couldn't get out Thor's words. He was right, you needed to tell her. You just didn't know how to bring it up.

"Are you alright? You look like you have something on your mind?"

This was your chance to tell her everything.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I want to talk to you about something. Well I actually want to tell you something."

Natasha puts the plane on autopilot to focus all her attention on you.