You/Lena Luthor - Secretary

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

You frowned as you looked at the flowers that have been delivered to you for the 5th consecutive Friday

You frowned as you looked at the flowers that have been delivered to you for the 5th consecutive Friday. You never knew who they came from or what they meant. There wasn't card to indicate what this person's message was or who they even wore. You hated not knowing things and it frustrated you to no end that you had no clue as to who was buying them for you.

"Good morning, (y/n)."

You're startled by her sudden appearance.

"Ah, Ms. Luthor! I didn't see you there. Good morning"

"Really? That's a surprise. I'm not the sneakiest person around. Those are some lovely flowers."

"They are..."

"I'm sensing an incoming but."

"But I don't know who keeps sending them and why. I don't like not knowing their reason for giving them to me. Especially since they seem so expensive."

"Oh, uh...I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. Maybe I can help at a later time. What does my day look like?"

Lena's relieved when start telling her about her day. She hadn't expected your response about the flowers. It made her rethink her strategy about how to tell you that she liked you and for that, she needed to talk to Kara.

"Actually, I need you to cancel all my meetings. I'm quite backed up on some of my paperwork that I need to finish by this weekend."

"Yes, Ms. Luthor. Anything else I can do for you?"

"You can head home. There's no point to keeping you here if I'm just going to be holed up in my office."

"It's alright, Ms. Luthor. I don't mind sticking around. Maybe I can help you out."

"No, that's quite alright. You deserve a break anyways. You've been staying late for the past several days."

"I really don...."

"I insist. Now go out and enjoy your weekend. I'll see you Monday."

Lena was being quite insistent about you leaving so you were left with no choice but to take off. It was a little suspicious that she suddenly had paperwork to do considering that she had finished it yesterday but you kept quiet. It wasn't your place to question her decisions.

X

"Lena, take a deep breath."

Kara grabbed Lena's shoulders to keep her from continuing to pace up and down her office. Ever since Kara had arrived, Lena had been going on and on about how she had messed things up with you.

"You didn't mess things up. We just went about it the wrong way. We can fix this."

"You think so?"

Kara's relieved to see the hopeful look in Lena's eye. She gives Lena the tightest hug she could give her.

"I know so. Now lets start planning. We don't have a lot of time.

X

You're surprised to find another set of flowers on mind but this time with a card that only contained 'I'm sorry,' in some elegant handwriting. You couldn't help but be even more confused. Why was this person sorry? What you could get out of the note was that whoever was sending you the flowers was someone you worked with. The handwriting was familiar but you just couldn't quite place your finger on whose it was.

There was another set of flowers with an envelope on Tuesday. You opened it to find 'Enjoy lunch' with a gift card to your favorite restaurant. There was only a select handful of people that knew about it so your list of suspects narrowed.

On Wednesday, a pair of tickets to your favorite (sports) team were included in the flowers. You could count in your hand the amount of people that knew about your love of (sports). You were embarrassed about how much of a big fan you were so you kept it quiet.

By Thursday, you knew exactly who was leaving you the flowers.

"Ms. Luthor, why have you been leaving me flowers?"

You had barged into her office when you realized that she had arrived earlier than you. Thursday's flowers included your coffee order that only one person was aware about. Lena nearly choked on her coffee when you walked through her door. She hadn't expected for you to just barge in without knocking. She's quick to hide the similar coffee cup to yours that she had been drinking from but it too late, you had already seen it.

"I'm sorry?"

"I didn't know who was leaving me these flowers and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. When you started leaving all those notes, I made a list of suspects. Each day, the list grew small until only you were left. You're the only one that knows my coffee order."

Lena didn't know what to say other than apologize. She hadn't expected for you to find out about her giving you the flowers for another week. She didn't have anything prepared.

"Um you said that no one had ever given you flowers and I thought that it wouldn't hurt if I gave you some."

Lena's excuse made no sense. You hated how perfectly calm she was because it was making it difficult to see if she was lying. The only thing that you could do was pretend that you knew she was lying.

"You're lying. That's not the real reason."

"It is!"

"I don't think it is. So what is the real reason why you've been giving me flowers. I have a pretty good idea but I'd like for you to tell me."

She was caught and cornered, there was nothing she could do but tell the truth.

"I gave you flowers because I was working up the courage to ask you out...now that I think about it. I did it all wrong. You must've thought I was some stalker. I'm sorry. I'll understand if you won't feel comfortable working for me. I can recommend you to some of my friends in the city so you won't have a hard time finding a job."

"Lena, you haven't even let me say anything. You just started assuming things."

Lena's cheeks turn red from embarrassment. She wants to look away but she forces herself to lock eyes with you. Her heart started to beat quicker as she waited for your answer.

"Oh, forgive me. W..What did you want to say?"

"You can consider this my verbal letter of resignation."

Lena's heart drops at your words. She should've expected this.

"I...I understand."

She's no longer able to look at you when she feels her tears threaten to fall. Wanting to focus on anything but you, she starts to look through her contacts to see who she could call to recommend you. Since she's not paying attention to you, you're able to walk up besides her, turn around her chair to face you and then lean in to kiss her.

"I can't exactly date or kiss my boss, can I?"

"I do own the majority of the company so I'm sure HR will overlook some things."

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Daenerys Targaryen - Posessive

Angelina Jolie - Shield

Morgana Pendragon - New

Gwen Stacy - Dimension

Chloe Decker - Days

Sophia Bush - Accident

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!