You/Wanda Maximoff - Gone

"I finally settled on a ring for you! I'm not entirely sure if you would still like the same styles and colors when you return but I can always exchange the ring for something better. I just wanted to have something to propose as soon as you return. I'm getting ahead of myself since we haven't even talked about marriage but I wanted to have something physical other than pictures to think about you. I miss you and I hope we can figure out how we can bring back you and everyone."

Wanda set your journal downto get a closer look at the ring. It was her signature red surrounded by stones of the color of your suit. It was absolutely perfect. You always knew exactly what to get her and even despite being gone for a while, you hadn't forgotten her tastes. 

"Nat had been holed up in the tower for the longest time so I dragged her with me to go cake tasting. She didn't want to go at the beginning but then was changed her mind when I promised her to buy her a cake for herself. I should've set a limit to how much cake I bought her because she got the largest cake they had...."

The redhead smiled when she picked up the attached photo of the two of you eating from a 5 tier cake. Behind it, it read 'She also got drunk and forgot about how much cake she had so we can use this to blackmail her.'

"Steve dragged me to group therapy when he realized how obsessed I had gotten about the wedding. I told him it was perfectly natural to plan ahead of an event but he claims it's just making things worse for me. He says that I need to slowly come to understand that there's a possibility that you might not come back. I told him that he was full of it but agreed to come with him so he would shut up. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to talk about how I've been feeling with you gone. I'm never going to admit to him that he was right. He would never shut up about it."

Alongside the journal entry, you had included a flyer of the group therapy you had joined that day. 

"Without anything to do, I visited Thor at his place. He was even worse off than me but we bonded over it and video games. I spent almost a week beating his ass on this stupid game called Fortnite until eventually he just gave up and we ended up watching movies together. His friend, Korg, told me that he didn't pick it up again until he was sure that I was gone. Don't let him convince you that he had beaten me. He never even came close. I had fun and it helped me forget about the fact that there was another failed attempt at bringing you back. I had gotten my hopes up because it honestly felt like we were getting so close but it failed so we're back to square one. I miss you and it's getting harder and harder to remain hopeful."

Wanda traced over the crinkled parts of the paper where your tears had fallen. She could almost picture you writing with barely any light so you wouldn't catch yourself in the mirror while you cried. You had always claimed that you were an ugly crier so it was always dark when you cried. She hated that she hadn't been there to comfort you. 

"They told me of a way to just bring you back. It's risky and it could possibly cost me my life but I think the risk is worth it. It's been 5 years and it's starting to feel like you're never coming back. If  I do bring you back and I'm with you then you won't read this but if you're reading this and I'm not here then I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being strong enough. I love you and I hope you can forgive me for doing something so foolish."

Wanda began to sob as she reread the last sentences that you ever wrote. She couldn't even imagine how hopeless you must've felt when you wrote the journal entry. You had always been the most optimistic two. 

Closing your journal, she held it to her chest as she sobbed loudly.