You/Katie McGrath - House

"(y/n)! Your name got called

"(y/n)! Your name got called. Get up!"

Your friend whispers loudly to you. It was impossible for your name to be called, a champion from Hogwarts had already been called. You gulp loudly when you feel everyone's eyes on you. Standing up, you made your way down to hall, ignoring everyone. Your girlfriend, Katie was trying to catch your attention but you ignored her. You knew she would be upset about the fact that you 'lied' to her about not wanting to participate.

"It looks like we have another year of four champions! Give it up for these brave young men and women."

There's a lot of cheering and clapping but it's not enough to cheer you up. Katie was standing besides you and you could already she was waiting for the moment that the two of you would be alone to talk with you.

"I didn't put my name in there, Katie. I swear. I don't know who did and why."

"Not now, (y/n). Everyone is watching."

The two of you whispered to each other. You sighed and forced yourself to smile as your friends came up to congratulate you.

X

You wince as your door is slammed shut. You hadn't expected for Katie to be this furious.

"What the hell?! You said that you weren't interested in doing the tournament."

"I wasn't! I never even walked up to the Goblet except for when you dropped your name in."

Katie sighs and nods. She knew you were telling the truth. You had never given her a reason to doubt what you said.

"I guess it's a good thing that you trained with me. We can partner up. There's no rules against that, right?"

"As far as I know, no."

The two of you smile at each other and meet each other halfway for a kiss. The chances of winning the tournament had grown much higher with the two of you working together.

X

"Please be careful. I don't care if you trained for just about anything. It doesn't hurt to be careful."

Katie nods and presses a kiss against your lips.

"I won't see you when it's your turn. You be careful too and promise me to not do anything stupid."

"Me? Do something stupid. I would never."

"(y/n), I'm being serious."

"Alright. I promise to not do something stupid."

Her name is called and she's led out of the tent. Minutes later and you poke your head out to secretly watch her in her trial. Just as you predicted, she had finished the task within minutes of flying out. Practicing with all those creatures in the summer had helped her learn how to deal with any behavior that they would have. The rest of the champions are called and then it's finally your turn. Seeing Katie grab the egg so easily made it look easy for you but now standing in the middle of the arena, you could see the difficulty of the task.