You/Emily Prentiss - Ring Part 2

"and I was think

"and I was think...." You're interrupted by your phone ringing. "Just a second." Abby gives you the okay to answer the phone so you answer. "I'm on my break, why are you calling?.....Seriously?......Now?......Fine. I'm on my way. Just give me a few minutes."

"What was that all about?"

You let out a sigh as you rest against the counter.

"We're supposed to be flying to meet up with the FBI to help them out on a case. I'm not going to be able to join you for dinner."

You say with a pout. Abby laughs and leans in to kiss you.

"That explains your sudden mood change. You can join me for dinner when you come back then."

"I know but I just really hate when I have to go out of the city. I'll see you when I get back then. I love you."

"I love you too. Go kick some criminal ass."

You give her another kiss and head out.

X

"(y/n), you'll join Agent Prentiss and Agent Jareau..."

You didn't bother to listen to the rest of the names. All you could think about was the fact that you were going to be working with your ex. If you father knew what had happened between the two of you, he would've never assigned you with the two of them.

"...Yes sir. I'll head out to meet them then."

You were regretting not telling him about what happened. All you had told him was that the two of you had broken up mutually and you were on friendly terms.

X

Before getting out of the car, you take a deep breath to calm down. You were nervous to see her again after not seeing her for a year. You weren't sure how you were going to react. You had gotten over her but you hadn't gotten over the fact that she had cheated on you.

"I'm with them. I'm SSA (full name)."

The cop lets you in and you head out to meet with the two women. The two of them look up when they see you approaching. One has a smile on their face and the other is still processing your sudden appearance.

"(y/n)!! I didn't think you were going to join us. It's so good to see you!"

She gives you a hug that you return.

"It's so good to see you too, JJ. I'm sorry about not calling as often..."

"Don't worry about it. Our jobs make it difficult to keep up with people. So I was telling Emily...Emily?"

You hadn't told anyone other than Penelope the real reason as to why you had left. You had told everyone else that you had wanted to go back to working with your father.

"Sorry! Is it okay if we talk in private? It'll just take a few minutes."

"That's fine! I'm sure the two of...."

"No. We have a job to do. What were you telling Agent Prentiss, JJ?"

JJ could feel the tension between the two of you and it made her feel like the two of you hadn't broken up in friendly terms. She wasn't sure what happened but it seemed like Emily had done something to you with the way the two of you were acting.

"We need to talk, (y/n)."

"No we don't. We're at work. We don't bring our personal business into this. If we're not able to work together then I'll ask someone else to take my place."

Emily shuts up, not wanting for you to switch with anyone else. With you working with them, she would eventually have some time to talk to you.

X

"It was a mistake. A dumb mistake that should've never happened. I regretted ever since and I've been living with that guilt since that day. I'm sorry, (y/n)."

You stare at her, unable to decide whether to laugh or answer back.

"Okay, well I need to go."

You walk around her and continue on your way to meet with the others.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)! I want to fix things between us. I miss you. I miss you so much. I'll do anything to fix what happened. I love you."

You stop walking, making her nearly almost run into you.

"Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the cracks. You can't fix anything, Emily."

She doesn't bother to follow after you. What the two of you had was now gone. She made her bed and now she had to lie in it.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Wanda M.... - Jealous

Hanna Öberg - Flight

Beth Kane - Broken

Kathryn Hahn - Last

Kara Danvers - Dates

Angelina Jolie - Choice

Kitty Pryde - Part 2

Kendal Jenner - Life

Natasha .... - Part 2

Katie McGrath - Comfort

Diana ... - Fall

Maura Isles - Speechless

-----------    

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!