You/Alex Danvers - Shy

You sighed, hating how you were being reprimanded yet again

You sighed, hating how you were being reprimanded yet again. It was your 3rd time in the week and you knew that Director Danvers would fire you if you got reprimanded again. While the Director was going over the mission, you would often write down your thoughts about what they could do better to save on resources and manpower but you never said anything. You had just gotten the job and no one was going to listen to the newbie. Especially someone that didn't even go into the field.So every time you got in trouble was because the Director assumed that you weren't paying attention to the mission briefing. You needed to think of something to impress her. The opportunity presented itself when Director Danvers personally asked her to join her on the latest mission.

"I know that you didn't sign up to be a field agent but this is just a one time thing. We need as many officers as we can for this and you scored high on your weapons exam. All you need to do is point and shot."

You didn't want to agree to it but in doing so, it would score you major points with her. You wanted her to like you.

"That's okay, Director Danvers. I figured that I would eventually be called on the field."

She nods and starts walking in the opposite direction of where you were heading.

"Good. Now follow me. Lets get you fitted for the mission."

X

An hour later and you were wearing a brand new field uniform with weapons that looked far scarier than you had ever fired. Director Danvers had failed to mention that the weapons you would be using were not from Earth.

"You're with me, Agent (l/n). Team B and C, go to your positions. Team A will stay here and cover Team B and C."

Everyone splits off with the exception of several agents that consisted of Team A. Once Team B and C headed out, Team A got into positions to fire on sight. Director Danvers was besides you, making it her mission to keep you safe. She had read that you didn't handle violence well so she had been surprised that you had agreed. Not wanting to scare you off from doing another mission, she figured it was better for her to personally keep you safe.

"They're coming back! Don't be afraid to your environment to our advantage. We need to save as much bullets as we can."

You wince at the director's yelling, not used to hearing her talk quite so loud. Everyone started shooting down the aliens but you couldn't bring yourself to do so. They were coming in swarms that it was overwhelming everyone despite having Supergirl join in. To cover more ground, they all start splitting off, leaving you alone in the original location. Director Danvers was nowhere in sight and they were closing in on you.

X

Alex hadn't meant to leave you alone but some agents had been cornered and they needed help. She figured that it wouldn't take long to save them and come back to you. Even if she did, you would at least fire to keep yourself safe. At least she hopped. Worried about you, she pushes herself to run faster to you.