You/Barbara Gordon - Investigation

Barbara was frustrated over that yet again, there was nothing left on the body or near the body to figure out who had been behind the murders

Barbara was frustrated over that yet again, there was nothing left on the body or near the body to figure out who had been behind the murders. For the past several weeks, she would get a note with coordinates of a new body. The one she was staring at marked the 14th body that had been left for her to find and if she couldn't hurry up and find out who was doing it, there was no telling how many more would have to die for someone's sick joke.

X

"Please don't tell me that you found another body."

Barbara doesn't have to say anything for her to confirm the fact that it had been yet another body. You hated how this had been taking a toll on her and there was nothing you could do but be there for her.

"I thought I was going to get there in time but I was late again. I've never felt this discouraged in my life, (y/n). I don't think I can do this. Maybe I should call in for help before it gets worse. Well it was already bad when I found one body but...."

"I know what you mean, love. I trust that you'll be able to catch whoever is behind this. It's only a matter of time and luck."

"I could sure use all the luck in the world. In the past several weeks, I haven't got a single piece of evidence to pin on anyone. It's been weeks, (y/n)."

You take a seat beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder to comfort her.

"It'll all be okay, I promise. Like I said, it's only a matter of time."

X

Barbara nearly lost it when she found her 20th body. These murders weren't at random, the people were only killed because of her. Because someone wanted to play a sick game with her.

"What the hell do you want?! I know you can see me! Just come out here and face me you fucking coward!"

She quickly turns around when she hears a branch behind her break to find nothing. When she turns around she's met with a gun pointed straight to her face.

"But I'm just getting started, Barbara. I was having so much fun thinking of new creative ways to kill these people."

The voice sounded familiar but she couldn't quite place it. It sounded off and she couldn't take them down until she could figure out who had been behind it. There was also the fact that they knew who she was so that cut her list short.

"Why are you doing this? Why did you kill all those people?"

"Isn't it obvious, I did this for you. I killed all those people for you."

"No, don't put this on me. You're the only one to blame for all this."

"But I'm not. I did this for you, Barbara."

"Stop! Stop saying that." With a sigh, you remove your mask. Barbara's eyes widen and she starts to shake her head. She couldn't believe that you had done this. There was no way that you had killed all those people. "...no. No. Please tell me that you didn't do this."

You move the gun so that the barrel was under her chin so she could look at you better. The smile that you gave her made her sick. The person that was standing in front of her was not the same person that she had fallen for.

"But I did do this, Barbara. I did this for our anniversary. I killed all those people and left them in strategic to jog your memory. It appears that things didn't quite click. I'm a little disappointed that I had to reveal myself before the grand finale."

Barbara keeps quiet as she goes over every single location to figure out what you could mean. It takes her a while but she soon realizes that it was places that the two of you had taken pictures at after your dates.

"How could you do this, (y/n)?"

"How could I not? Our anniversary was coming up and I had to do something big. I thought this would've been romantic. Don't you like it?"

You ask with a pout. Barbara could now see it. She knew you had always been hiding something but she didn't think it was this. You had truly perfected the art of being normal but now that the veil was lifted, she could see the crazy look in your eyes.

She doesn't want to hurt you but she has to. After everything you did, you needed to pay for what you had done. She's quick to grab your gun to throw it away and handcuff you before you could do anything else. You don't bother to fight as she cuffs you. You had taken a gamble with the surprise and it failed. She wasn't the person who you thought she would be.

X

After dropping you off at the station and giving her testimony, Barbara finally headed home. As she walked into the apartment, she was immediately greeted by things that reminded of you. She wanted to be angry but she was still in pain. Grabbing one of your bottles, she sits on the couch and drinks herself to sleep. It sickened her that her heart still craved you.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Erin Doherty - Closet

Alex Danvers - Soul

-----------    

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!