You/Daenerys Targaryen - Sides

"Get out of my way, (y/n)."

You held up your sword as you blocked Jon's path to the entrance of the castle. 

"I'm not going to let you kill her, Jon."

With the threat that Daenerys had now become, Jon couldn't allow her to become queen. If it meant taking his sister down to get to her, he will do it without thinking twice. 

He grabbed his sword and got into position. 

"Don't make me have the blood of two people I love in my hands, (y/n). Get out of my way."

"I cannot allow you thought. Daenerys is the rightful queen of the 7 kingdoms."

"She's not the same Daenerys we knew before! She's gone mad. We need to stop her before she kills others."

You made the first move, refusing to continue allowing for Jon to talk bad about your beloved. 

"I promised her the 7 kingdoms. If I have to kill my own brother to keep my promise then I'll do it!"

He continues to attempt to sway you to his cause but you refuse to budge. You stop bothering to defend yourself as you focus on taking him down. Considering that the two of you trained together and knew each other's tricks, it was difficult to find an opening to strike. Deciding to take a gamble, you let him get a hit. The pain makes you fall to your knees but you're still able to have a strong grip on your sword. 

"You can still change your mind. I can spare you and the two of us can rebuild the kingdoms."

You wait until he gets close enough to make the final blow. Your sword manages to go straight through his chest, effectively taking him down. He falls to the ground with a loud thud as he struggles to speak. 

"Save your breath. I don't want to hear whatever you have to say."

You grab his sword and use it to prop yourself up. You're exhausted but you force yourself to continue walking up the steps of the castle. The battle was still going on and you needed to keep Daenerys safe.

X

Daenerys turns around to face the entrance when she hears your steps. 

"(y/n)! You're injured."

You give her a small smile in hopes to ease her worries but she paid it no attention as she rushed to help you take a seat. 

"I'm okay, this is just a scratch."

You hiss as she touches said scratch to inspect it further. 

"This isn't just a scratch! You idiot!"

Daenerys removes her coat and rips off the fabric from her outfit to cover the wound. It's stopped bleeding by now but she worried it might get infected. With it covered, there was less chance for something to infect it. 

"I just need to rest. I'll be fine. Are you okay? Where's Drogon?"

"He's fine. He's flying overheard. I'm sure he'll stop by sometime soon. What about Jon? Where is he?"

You sigh as you let your head rest on her shoulder. 

"Dead."

The blonde lets out a quiet gasp, surprised that Jon had been killed. The two of you were one of her most skilled warriors, the last thing she worried about was either of you dying.

"What happened? Is he..."

"He was going to kill you Daenerys. I had to kill him. I had to kill my brother for trying to kill the person I love the most."

Tears were spilling as you told her what happened. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, everything was crashing down. Realization struck that you had actually killed Jon. 

"I'm so sorry, (y/n). The last thing I wanted was to cause a rift between the two of you." 

She's careful to wrap her arms around your waist to pull you onto her lap. You wrap your arms around her neck, burying your face on it. Daenerys doesn't move an inch as you tightly held on to her. She hated that she couldn't do anything to fix things. There was so many things she could've done to prevent what happened but it was too late now. She just hoped you wouldn't later resent her when everything calmed down.