3

KIRA POV

I ran home, I shouldn't have told him.

"God Kira you are so dumb," I cursed myself under my breath. I walked up the stairs and went to open the front door. I heard two heart beats. I set my ear up to the door.

"I put it on her last night along with the venoms you gave me! The green did nothing to her! It caused her no hallucinations! The only thing that worked was the Kampe venom! It paralyzed her," John stated, "other than that, I don't know what it did to her but she acted completely fine this morning. Are you sure this works? Nothing out of the normal seemed to have happened Ron! How am I supposed to pass this if it doesn't work!"

"Then give it back to me John," the other man began to say, I assume his name is Ron, "I know someone I can use it on. Test it on. These things are trial and error my friend. Remember John, our blood is only in you a little bit. You have to prove that you are one of us. Our job doesn't come easy. It takes skill, a born talent to hunt. If you have it, it will show on its own, not with my contraptions."

"What are you saying?" John spat, "I have to kill her now!"

"It does not have to be her. It can be any creature you come across," Ron explained, "but a day with 1 less supernatural in the world is always a good day."

I heard the footsteps approaching the front door. I hopped over the side of the deck and crouched down. The front door opened and the man, Ron, began to walk away. I went around the back and opened the back door slowly before tip-toeing in. I shut the door and John walked out from the kitchen. He stopped abruptly.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"School got out early," I started to lie, "fire alarm. Well everyone else may still be there but I couldn't stay there. The noise was driving me crazy so I thought it would be safer here for a little bit. I'm going over to Jessica's to study if that's okay, later tonight."

"Who is Jessica?" he questioned.

"Jessica was the girl who showed me around school yesterday," I looked at him, "she asked if I wanted to come over and study with her."

"Hmm," he started to laugh, "must feel bad for you. You didn't tell her anything did you?"

I shook my head, "no."

"You better not be lying to me!" he snapped.

"I'm not," I pleaded, "I'm not lying I swear."

He looked long and hard at me before loosening up and standing straight, "okay. Fine. You can go but you need to be back here by 10."

"I will," I nodded, "thank you." I watched as he walked backwards out of my room and I heard him go downstairs. I slowly closed my door and sat down on my bed. It was already almost time for school to be letting out.

Me: hey what's your address?

She responded and I put it in my GPS, "cool it isn't far. I can get there quickly."

Jess: what time are you thinking?

Me: I'll be there in about 45 minutes to an hour.

Jess: that works. See you soon!

I set my phone down and gathered all my papers to organize them. I got dressed in comfier clothes and before long I was headed downstairs.

"John," I said aloud, "I'm headed to Jessica's. I'll be back before ten."

I didn't hear him say anything so I grabbed a pen and wrote it down on a piece of paper, leaving it on the counter. I walked outside and started to head down the street.