42

JACE POV

I looked up at her laying on the table, she looked tired, exhausted. Grace was dead, Justin looks like me is on his way and Alex, well, Alex is becoming a vampire. It's been like 5 hours since we've been here and everything has changed drastically.

Kira's powers are being extracted from her body. How is that even possible?

John walked in carrying a box, "I'm back!" He set it down on an empty table and started pulling the items from it. I recognized them instantly. Ron's old torture devices. Great. Just what we all need.

He walked over to Justin and put the metal headband on him. He pressed the button on the remote and Justin screamed as the metal inserted into his skull, securing the band in place. I tried to break the chains but I couldn't, especially not with this much wolfsbane in me. It felt like my insides were on fire.

"Stop!" Kira screamed out, "leave them alone John! Stop it!" He turned to her and smiled before walking towards her. He grabbed her throat and started to squeeze. I watched as her face started turned red.

"Let her go!" I yelled, "let her breathe! Kira! John let her go!" I rattled the chains but as usual, no use. Finally he let go and she started coughing and gasping for air. I looked at her and she turned her head to me. Her eyes were droopy as she slowly shook her head.

"Kira stay awake!" I yelled, "baby keep your eyes open!" I watched as she fought to keep them open but she couldn't do it. They closed and I watched she passed out. I let out a loud roar.

"It's okay," Jessica breathed, "we're gonna get out of here. We are."

"I don't think so," John shook his head, "she will be completely powerless within the next 24 hours and when that happens she will watch all of you disappear. Forever."

"You're sick," she spat, "you're a sick human being. We've done nothing to you!"

"Nothing to me?" he yelled in her face, "she is why everything bad has happened to me! My divorce, losing my job, almost losing my wife! I mean come on! You people have ruined me!"

"Kira isn't at fault for any of that!" Jess snapped, "you're just blaming her because you aren't man enough to admit your own faults!" Just like that John hit her face. She cried out as his fist made contact with her skin. He stood back up straight.

"You don't get to talk to me like that," he spit at her feet, "ever." He walked over to Kira again. "Jace how would you feel if someone were to kill her right now? I mean technically I have all I need from her now. She's useless at this point."

I glared at him and he started smiling. He walked out of the room and Cassie walked over to me.

"I don't know what he's doing to me," she started crying and unchaining me, "I- I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know where I am. Jace I- I am so sorry. I am-"

"Just help us," I shook my head, "please just help us. Don't let him take control of you."

"I don't know how he's doing it," she shook her head, "I think- I think he might have put something in me or- or a mind control of some sort. Jace I don't know but I do know that right now I'm not under it."

"How did you snap out of it?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she shook her head, "I was just thinking about Kira and I felt like a wave of tiredness just leave me and when I looked back at everything, all of this, it- it-"

"Okay," I pulled the needle from my arm, "can you get this off me?" She grabbed the collar and tried to break it. She shook her head and I started untying Justin. "Justin," I smacked his face gently, "come on man, wake up. Come on." I know that headband is running his brain function right now but I need him to fight it. "Justin wake up!" I smacked him a bit harder, making him jolt awake. He grabbed his head and then looked at his hands.

Bedburg HillsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara