58

JACE POV

I woke up and it was still dark outside. I rolled over slowly to see what time it was.

3:44 a.m.

I stood up slowly and walked out of the room, going downstairs to get something to drink. I heard my phone start ringing and rushed back up to grab it before it could wake anyone.

Alex?

"Hello?" I whispered while walking out of the room.

"Dude we have a serious problem," he said quickly, "this isn't good."

"What?" I asked, "slow down. What's going on?"

"That girl, that new vampire- uhhh- the one Justin is seeing," he stuttered trying to remember.

"Esme?" I said, "what about her?"

"Jessica told me everything that happened," he explained, "but my dad just showed me a picture that was put in their mail anonymously and it is a picture of her. Her eyes are glowing, the chains are on her. Her teeth are out. Dude we have a serious problem. My dad is freaking out. He called the fucking FBI and supposedly people from the news are coming and he's getting ready to go back in. I don't know what's happening."

"You have to stop him," I shook my head, "you have to keep him from going into work. He can not talk about this. This can not get out."

"Dude what am I supposed to do?" he asked, "how am I supposed to stop him?"

"I don't know," I shook my head while going back upstairs, "I don't know. Just think of something. Me and Kira will be there shortly." I hung up the phone and rushed into the room, shaking her awake gently, "Kira, baby wake up."

"Huh?" she asked, "what's wrong?"

"We have a problem," I sighed, "I'm sorry but you need to know. Come on I'll explain when you're up." She stood up slowly and I headed back downstairs. She came down.

"What's up?" she asked.

"The police station recieved a picture of Esme," I explained, "in vampire form."

"What?" I asked, "how is that possible? I wiped all their memories that night."

"I know," I nodded, "his dad had to call the FBI in because he doesn't know what to do. He's supposed to be leaving to go back to the station. Something about news reporters going there."

"WHAT?" she yelled louder. She ran towards the door and flew out of it. I took off after her. We got to his house and the two of us knocked on the front door, he opened it almost immediately.

"Hey guys," he breathed heavily, "come on. My dads still upstairs getting ready. What are we gonna do? How could this even happen? I thought you wiped their memories."

"I did," Kira insisted, "I know I did. It was right after I stopped Justin. He would have killed all of them. I didn't want that to happen so I wiped their memories of her."

"Then how?" Alex questioned more. He reached down and grabbed his phone, "hold on. It's Jess. I guess she woke up and saw my messages." He stood and stepped away from the table.

"You said that he said a picture of her showed up?" She asked me, "right? That's what was said?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "how come?"

"Were they taking pictures or anything of her?" She asked.

"I don't know," I shook my head, "you got there before me."

She sat back to think. Alex's dad started down the stairs. He turned the corner and saw the three of us.

"What are you kids doing here?" He asked, "it's 4 in the morning." He turned to Alex, "you told them didn't you?"