20

KIRA POV

I woke up as the sun hit my eyes and rolled over. Jace had his back turned to me, I saw it as the perfect opportunity. I wrapped my arm up and over him, curling it under him. I felt him take a deep breath in and he rolled over to face me.

"Goodmorning sunshine," he whispered as he started to open his eyes.

"Goodmorning handsome," I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "how'd you sleep?"

"So much better than I have been," he smiled, "it's so nice sleeping next to you. How did you sleep?"

"Good," I smiled, "better than I have been I'm sure."

"Your memory still all there?" he asked.

"Yes," I smiled, "it is. It's bizarre to me what things can do to you."

"What's even crazier is if you went to a normal hospital," he looked over at me, "they wouldn't know a thing. They wouldn't know what was causing it, wouldn't know what the herbs were, they probably wouldn't have really been able to detect the venom, just something that's 'unknown'."

We stood and went downstairs, "what should I make for breakfast?"

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders, "maybe just the usual, eggs, bacon, toast. I need to find his pack, I'm making that my main focus today."

He nodded as he walked around the kitchen pulling things out of the cupboard and fridge. I grabbed the duster and some cleaning agents and started cleaning up the house. I heard Justins door open up and he walked down the stairs slowly. 

"Goodmorning," I smiled, "Jace is making breakfast right now."

"Okay," he nodded, "and good morning too." 

"Justin I have a question about the hunters," I said, "do you remember what they looked like? Were they all wearing the same thing or?"

"They had on armor," he sighed as he grabbed a drink from the fridge, "it was all black and it looked like metal, steel, something. They all had-"

"Swords?" I finished his sentence, "green or blue ones? And the guns had the lasers."

"Yes," he looked over at me, "how did you know that?"

"I think I might know who took them," I set my things down and ran upstairs, "of course. How could I not think of this, Orion hunters." I grabbed my computer and opened it up while also grabbing my personal history books, "here we go, Orion Hunters. Dating back to blah blah blah, one of the first original hunting tribes," I skimmed, "known for their black armor, green and blue colored swords and their hunters eye, they're one of the most well-known and sought for groups. Their victims usually don't have time to see them." I pulled up a photo on my phone and took it downstairs to show Justin. 

"That's them," he grabbed it immediately, "that is them! Where are they? Do you know?"

"No," I shook my head as Jace made his way to us, "but I do know who they are. I've read about them before. The thing is that their victims don't ever see them. I don't know anyone who knows them personally."

"No but I might," Jace said while grabbing his phone, "I've just overheard someone talking about them before. I remember their face but don't know their name. I'll go looking for them today."

I nodded, "I'm going to ask Cassie about it today. Actually I will call her right now." I dialed her number and put the phone up to my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey mom I have a question," I said, "I have a question. Orion Hunters. Have you heard of them?"

The other end of the line went silent.