15

KIRA POV

I woke up to my alarms going off and slowly rolled myself out of bed. I walked downstairs and started breakfast. I heard footsteps upstairs, good, Justin is awake. 

I could already feel the powers of the full moon. I felt more aggravated, more of a ticking time bomb. I grabbed some herbs and mixed them into three bottles of water. 

"relaxat corpus meum cerebrum potest diminuere," I murmured, "relaxat corpus meum cerebrum potest diminuere. relaxat corpus meum cerebrum potest diminuere"

I watched the water glow bright yellow and then go back to being clear. I took a drink and instantly felt my entire body calm down. I closed my eyes and smiled, "thank god for this." I finished breakfast just as Jace and Justin walked into the kitchen, "goodmorning boys. Here's breakfast, oh and drink this. It'll help today." 

They look at eachother and back at me, "what is it?" 

"It's water," I smiled, "duh." 

I took a drink and they followed. I watched the attitude in their faces change. 

"What is this?" Justin asked. 

"It is a concoction," I nodded, "a calmer, relaxer. With the full moon being tonight and you not having even part control of your anger, I figured you could use this."

"Thank you," he smiled, "I was going to ask to stay here today."

"Nope," I rustled his hair, "eat up! Then it's time for school." 

I went upstairs and got dressed before heading back downstairs. I I went out and started my truck, setting my bag in the back seat. I walked back in and shut off all the lights, the three of us walked out and got in the truck. Alex jumped in the front seat a few minutes later and we headed to school. 

I parked the truck and we walked in. Justin went to the office, I went to my locker to meet Jessica, Alex and Jace took off to only god knows where. I grabbed the books I needed for class. 

"Hey girl," Jessica smiled, "have you ever thought about running for track or playing any sports?"

"No," I shook my head, "I haven't ever really been good at them."

"But that was before you had more control right?" she walked with me, "I bet you'll be one of the best now. Come on! Do something with me."

"Jess," I sighed, "sports really aren't my thing. Drawing, dancing, singing is my thing... running around for fun sounds like torture." 

"Kira you are literally a wolf," she whispered, "and a vampire and a witch. Which by the way, how does the whole Vampire thing work?" 

"I don't know," I shook my head, "I've read a handful of things but they all say I have to have blood on my hands in order to trigger the curse. Your mom unlocked it but it's up to me to trigger it. I don't want to kill though, I am not a killer."

"My mom has killed many and she still says the same thing," Jessica laughed, "well bad guys of course."

The bell rang and we said our goodbyes. I headed to class and sat down, pulling out my binder and pencil. Alex walked in shortly after and sat down at his desk. 

"Hey can I ask you something?" he leaned over. 

"Yeah," I whispered as the teacher started talking. 

"Does Jessica seem okay?" he asked, "like she doesn't seem ... off ... does she?"

"What do you mean off?" I asked, "she seemed perfectly fine this morning."