32

GRACE POV

Me and Justin went upstairs, I took him to my room, "look! Look at what she did!"

"Wow," he gasped, "this is so cool Grace. I love it. Do you love it?" 

"I love it!" I laughed, "I love it love it love it!" 

"Hey are you gonna be okay sleeping in here alone?" he asked, "or would you like me to stay in here with you?" 

"I think I'll be okay," I jumped onto the bed and nodded, "yeah. I'll be okay."

"Okay," he nodded, "well, if you need anything I am right over there. Okay?" I nodded and he tucked me into bed. He kissed my head, "goodnight Grace."

"Goodnight Justin," I closed my eyes. I heard my door shut and I sat up in bed. I heard his door shut and I decided to turn on my light. I grabbed a few toys and started playing. 

"Rachel!" I cried out, "Rachel no!"

"Go!" she screamed, "Grace run!"  I watched as they killed her, right in front of me. 

I shook the bad thoughts away and continued playing. I heard another door shut. I listened carefully, hearing the footsteps walk down the stairs. I walked over to my door and opened it slowly. 

"I am not waiting," Kira walked around downstairs. I snuck out and crept to the top of the stairs, watching her. She turned the handle to the front door and walked out. I ran down the stairs and looked around before opening and closing the front door slowly. I followed her into the woods, hiding behind trees to keep myself hidden.

She walked into a cave and she set out candles, snapping her fingers, all of them lit up. "Woah," I mouthed. She grabbed a knife and cut her hand, then she started speaking in a different language. None of it made any sense to me. She lifted up her shirt with one hand and cut her stomach open. She cried out as she continued talking. 

What is she doing? Is she okay? Do I run over to her? She's crying, what do I do?

She kept talking but she would get louder and louder till eventually she was screaming. I covered my ears. Everything went quiet suddenly and opened my eyes slowly. She held something in her hand, it looked like a camera. 

She dropped it on the ground and I watched her stomach heal almost instantly. 

"Are you okay?" I ran out from behind the tree. 

"Grace?" she looked up at me quickly, "what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." 

"I um.. I'm sorry," I shook my head, "I followed you here. I- I'm sorry. I-"

"It's okay," her breathing was heavy, "did you see all of that?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "what happened? What is that?"

"You shouldn't have come," she shook her head, "I'm sorry you had to see that, but that is a camera."

"How did it get in you?" I asked. 

"Ummm," she scratched her head, "a very bad man put it inside of me."

"Was it the same man who took me and my family?" I asked, "the tall man?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "yeah that man."

"I hope he doesn't get us again," I shook my head, "he was scary." 

"He won't," she grabbed my hand and held it, "I promise. Remember Jace? He took care of him."

I hugged her and she hugged me back. Her arms tightened around me. When she pulled away she looked at me and set her hand on the side of my head, "go home okay?"