19

KIRA POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I looked around and shot up quickly.

How am I home? This can't be real.

I saw Jace laying in bed, "Jace? Jace wake up."

His eyes opened and he sat up quickly, "is everything okay?"

"How did I get here?" I asked, "how did you get to me?"

"You don't remember anything?" he asked me.

"No," I shook my head, "I don't even know if this is real. The helmet... the water."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me onto the bed, "we found you and we got you out. We got home yesterday, Jessica mixed a bloody drink that was supposed to fix all the damage to your body."

I sat back and started to think. I tried to replay the last thing I remembered, but all I could remember was seeing Jace's outline in the water while I was under it.

"We came in and you were in that tank," he started to explain, "Justin broke the cloaking spell and a fight broke out. John stuck a knife in me, and it stayed there till I was able to get off the fence."

"He had you on the fence?" I asked him, "he hurt you?"

"By that time I had already broken the tank but the witch put it back together," he explained more, "they had Justin tied up. Jessica was on the other side of the building. Wait- you- you don't remember last night?"

I was confused, "what do you mean?"

"You really don't remember anything?" he scoffed, "this isn't a trick?"

"No," I said sternly, "this isn't a trick. Why would I be joking right now?"

He cleared his throat, "we saved you and got you back home. Then Jessica gave you a drink and you fell asleep till now."

I sat down as the words I love you kept dancing around in my head. I looked at him.

Tell him.

Just say it. I'm sure he feels the same way. Don't be a chicken, just do it.

"Jace," I looked up at him, "I have to tell you something."

"Go for it," he looked at the ground and then at his hands.

"I - I love you," I blurted out.

He snapped his head to look at me and instantly started smiling, "what did you say?"

"I love you," I said it again.

He lunged forward and pressed his lips to mine, holding my cheeks.

"I love you too Kira," he pulled away, and kissed my forehead as I leaned into him, "are you sure?"

"Am I sure?" he laughed, "I said it last night and you don't even remember. Are you sure?"

I covered my mouth as I gasped, "you said it last night? I said it back?"

"You sure did," he smiled, "you said it twice."

"I am so sorry," I shook my head, "I'm sorry. I just can not for the life of me remember anything."

"I'll ask Jessica about it," he said, "I'm sure they will want to come over and see you."

The two of us stood and headed downstairs. My head started to hurt and I heard a ringing in my ears. I covered them as the sound got louder and louder. Jace turned and looked at me. He started talking but I couldn't hear him.