64

*** ONE WEEK LATER ***

KIRA POV

"Where is he!" I snapped to myself, "he has been gone for almost two weeks! Jace has been missing for almost a month and a half! I'm losing my mind!" 

"Breathe," Jessica said calmly, "I'm sure Justin is fine, he's strong."

"He isn't as strong alone as he is when we're all together," I shook my head, "I have this horrible gut feeling. Something is wrong." She grabbed my hand and I started to shake my head, "something isn't right."

"Kira," she said again, "look at me." I looked over at her, she was calm, collected. "Please just breathe okay? Come on, we can do another locator spell."

"None of them are working," I shook my head, "nothing is! Not for me, not for you. Our magic isn't working!"

"Maybe we need a stronger connection," she nodded, "okay? Hold on, let me call my mom." She pulled her phone from her back pocket and dialed the number, holding the phone to her ear. 

"Mom," she said, "hey I have a question." 

"What's that?" her mom answered. 

"Is there anything me and Kira might be able to use to get a stronger connection?" she questioned, "so our magic can be stronger?"

"Uhm," she said, "let me think and get back to you. Is that okay?" 

"Yes," she nodded, "that's fine. Just text me or whatever." 

"Okay baby," she said, "I love you girls, be safe."

"We love you to!" she exclaimed before hanging up, "hear all that?" I nodded my head and sat back in the chair. I groaned. Suddenly my eyes glazed over. 

"Jace?" I asked, "Jace! Jace is that you?!" I started running towards the cave, "Baby!" He heard me, I watched as he started trying to crawl towards the entrance. He was covered in blood, it was spilling out from behind the hand on his stomach. His skin was pale, dark circles puddled under his eyes.  

I ran to him and knelt beside him. His eyes closed and his hand fell from his side. 

"No!" I cried out, "No! NO!" I put my hands over him but they went through him. "Jace?" I cried out, "Jace wake up! Wake up!" 

I snapped back awake and shot out of my chair, "Jace!"

"Kira what's wrong?" Jessica jumped. 

"I saw him," I cried while running up the stairs, "he- he was in the woods! He was bleeding, he was hurt. I- I don't know! I have to go! I have to go right now!" I grabbed clothes and blankets, extra medical supplies and then ran back down the stairs. I started rummaging through the pantry, the freezer and the fridge to grab food so he can eat once I get to him. 

"Kira wait!" Jessica said loudly, "do you even know where he is? Do you know what part of the woods he's in?" 

"Uhm I- I don't," I stuttered trying to remember the vision I had, "there was snow on the ground. It was completely dark there. I could smell the blood of other people so others are close to him, I assume hunters. Jess please, I have to go!" The tears started streaming down my face. She walked over and grabbed my shoulders tightly. 

"We have to figure out where he is first," she said sternly, "or you will be going in blind and that won't do you any good!" I looked at her eyes and nodded, agreeing with her. "Okay," she nodded while letting my arms go, "alright. Lets um- lets figure this out. I'll call Alex and get him over here." I nodded my head and sat down at the counter. 

He heard me. 

How did he hear me? That's never happened before. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps and muffled cries, "Kira! Kira come outside! Kira!" I stood and ran to the back door, opening it and looking around. I saw no one. I headed into the woods and caught Justins scent, as I ran towards it, I caught Esme's. Finally he came into my sight. 

"Justin!" I screamed, "Justin oh my god!" I ran and grabbed Esme from his arms and he immediately fell to the ground. Blood covered his body, his clothes were shredded. Esme's heart was barely beating, her body was limp. 

"Save her," he coughed, "go help her!"

"What?" I asked, "what about you?"

"I'm," he winced while rolling onto his back, "I'm fine. Just go with her." I turned and ran into the house. 

"Jess!" I cried out, "Jess I need you!"

"Oh- I- I have to go," she said, "I love you, see you soon!" She put the phone on the counter and ran to me and Esme. I laid her on the couch and Jessica started to heal her while fixing all the broken bones. I ran out the back door and darted back to Justin who was still laying on the ground. 

"Is she okay?" he asked. 

"Come on," I lifted him to his feet, "lets get you fixed up." 

"Is- Is Esme okay?" he asked again, "Kira pl- please."

"She's going to be okay," I nodded, "alright? We need to focus on you though right now." I got him into the house and laid him on the rug. I waved my hands over his body, "hoc sana vulnus exitiale. hoc sana vulnus exitiale. hoc sana vulnus exitiale." His body started to glow and he tensed up but soon after relaxed. His eyes closed and he drifted to sleep. I lifted him and set him on the other couch, covering him with a blanket. His body felt like ice. I turned to Jessica and Esme, "how is she?" 

"Healing," she nodded, "here, yours is stronger than mine." I nodded and waved my hand over her, saying the words. Her body lit up and after about ten seconds, it went away and her whole body relaxed. 

"Okay," I nodded, "alright, they're okay." I pulled another blanket and covered her body. "They need fluids, food or something." I walked downstairs and grabbed a few I.V. bags and hangers, bringing them back upstairs and hooking everything up. I hung a bag of blood and slowly inserted a needle into Esme's vein. The blood started to flow into her system. I walked to Justin, doing the same and hooking up the special concoction I made up for the boys whenever they're in bad shape. I watched as the liquid injected into his system. I stepped back and walked back to the kitchen. 

"Justin!" Grace ran down the stairs, "Justin!" She ran to his side, wrapping her arms around him. 

"Easy kiddo," I said calmly, "he needs rest. Him and Esme both." 

"Is he okay?" she asked while walking over to me. 

"He's okay," I nodded, "they're both gonna be okay. They just need some sleep." 

"Why do they have needles in them?" she questioned further. 

"It's so they can eat," I nodded, "that's their food." She nodded and turned back to him. She ran up the stairs and to her room, shutting the door. Alex walked through the front door. 

"Woah," he said, "that's why you hung up so fast. What's been going on?" 

"Well you know," Jessica sighed, "Justin has been missing for a couple weeks, I guess he went out and was able to find her. They came back in really rough shape, we just got done fixing them up. She just had a vision of Jace, supposedly he's somewhere in a cave. There's snow on the ground and everything around him. We don't know."

"Well he's up north somewhere," he nodded, "my dad just told me that there's a big snow storm moving down towards us right now. It's up north currently, should be hitting us probably sometime tomorrow afternoon." I snapped my attention to Jessica. 

She grabbed the map and I lit up the candles. We joined hands, "Ignis, sales et ligant ei locate dominus. Ignis, sales et ligant ei locate dominus. Ignis, sales et ligant ei locate dominus. Ignis, sales et ligant ei locate dominus!" The candles blew out but yet again, nothing showed on the map.

"That's it," I shook my head, "I have to go. I just have to go looking." I grabbed my things. 

"Kira wait!" Jessica yelled as I ran out the door, "Kira!" I took off in the woods and shifted. I grabbed my bag in my mouth and started making my way up.