61

**TWO WEEKS LATER**

KIRA POV

It's been two weeks since the fight, since I've seen Jace. Justin hasn't gone to school since it happened, he's been scouring the city trying to find Esme. I haven't been able to sleep hardly at all, the days drag by. My phone started ringing, Jessica.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Kira," she said, "can I come over?"

"Yeah," I said, "of course. The door will be unlocked."

"Okay," she said, "I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you," I smiled small before hanging up.

She's been spending a lot of time here with me, she's skipped school a lot to be here. I feel so bad, I know she's trying to be a good friend but goodness, I feel awful. About fifteen to twenty minutes passed and she walked through the front door.

"Hey b I brought you some lunch," she walked to the table and sat down, "how are you doing today?"

"Same shit different day," I sighed, "thank you for the food."

"Of course," she smiled, "tried any spells today?"

I shook my head, "nope, I haven't. Nothing is going to change."

"You don't know that," she shook her head while reaching for the map, "come on. Let's try it again."

"It'll just be a let down," I shook my head, "I was thinking about just leaving and going out and just looking for him. It's starting to get cold out and I know he's out in the woods somewhere. He has to be." She lit all the candles and performed another locator spell. When all the candles went out, nothing was left. I let out a loud sigh.

"It's okay," she assured, "we'll find him, you will find him." I nodded my head. I shut my eyes to try and connect with him but when I felt nothing, I just felt hopeless.

"Will you come out and look with me?" I asked her, "please?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "of course. Come on." We walked to the backdoor and when we opened it a harsh, cool wind hit our faces. My body shivered as I shifted. She got on my back and we started our search.

"Kira what if he isn't in these woods?" she asked, "what if he ran to a completely different town?"

I linked my mind with hers and thought, "it's possible, I've thought about it a hundred times." We went around for hours before heading back to the house. We walked back through the back door and I went into the kitchen. Justin walked from his room and down the stairs.

"Any luck?" I asked.

"Does it look that way?" he said sarcastically.

"Hey don't give me an attitude," I snapped, "I'm going through it too."

"No we aren't," he snapped back, "Esme was taken. Jace ran away like a pussy!" Instantly I felt my body shift and I roared out loudly.

"You don't speak to me that way!" I roared, "you don't speak about him that way!" I let out another roar and took a step forward. Justin immediately put his head down and set down on one knee. I shifted back and took a couple steps back as well. I looked up, Jessica's eyes were wide and she covered her mouth.

"I'm sorry," I breathed heavily, "didn't mean to scare anyone." Justin stood and walked to the back door, opening it and leaving.

"Are you okay?" she walked over to me slowly.

"No," I sat down, "I'm so irritable."

"Well to be fair he crossed the line," she nodded while sitting next to me, "you were right to act the way you did." I sat back and rubbed my face, groaning loudly. I grabbed the map and tried another locator spell, coming up with nothing. I threw my hands forward, knocking everything over in my path.