88

KIRA POV

I woke up the next morning, yawning and stretching before kissing Jace and heading downstairs. I made myself a glass of blood and drank it quickly as Grace came down.

"Goodmorning!" she squealed.

"Goodmorning," I chuckled, "in a good mood?"

"Yes!" she yelled, "it's Friday!!!"

"Oh it is," I nodded, "I forgot it was. You guys have anything planned at school?" I walked around and grabbed the pancake mix, mixing some batter together and pouring it into the skillet. I added some blueberries and the two of us made small talk as it cooked. I walked over, setting the food in front of her and walking to the laundry room. I started a load and made my way back to the kitchen. By now she was almost done and I could start on the dishes.

She added her plate and fork in the sink before running upstairs to get ready. When she came back down, she had her backpack on and ready to go, "can you help me put my hair in a bun?" I walked over, pulling the scrunchy from her wrist and fixing her hair up.

"All good," I smiled. Justin's door opened and he walked out slowly. "Better hurry it up," I smile, "she's full of energy and ready to go." He let out a large sigh and put on his shoes before slowly walking out the front door with her. I smiled as I shook my head and sat down on the couch. My phone started ringing and when I looked down, it was Jess.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey can me and Alex come over?" she questioned.

"Yeah of course," I nodded my head, "but don't you guys have school?"

"Skipping," she said, "be there soon. Love you." She hung up before I was able to answer her. I pulled it away from my ear, looking at my phone and putting it in my back pocket. It was so quiet, so peaceful. Again my phone started ringing but this time the number was blocked, I couldn't see it. It just said Unknown.

"Hello?" I answered. I could hear heavy breathing coming from the other end. "Hello?" I repeated, "who is this?"

"I'm coming for you," a voice crackled, "be ready." I pulled it away from my ear quickly and looked at my phone again before putting it back to my ear.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I'm coming," they said once more. I couldn't even tell if it was a feminine or masculine voice. I pressed the end button and put my phone in my back pocket. I headed upstairs to Jace, climbing in bed with him slowly and kissing his cheek a few times. He moaned and rolled over, wrapping his arm around me.

"Goodmorning baby," he whispered.

"Goodmorning handsome," I kissed his forehead, "how'd you sleep?"

"I slept okay," he yawned, "I'm still tired but I don't think I woke up at all throughout the night so that was pretty neat. How about you?"

"I slept good," I rubbed his back slowly, "Justin just left to take Grace to school. I figured I could get a head start on making some breakfast." He nodded his head slowly and I rolled back out of bed. I'll tell him about the call when he's awake more, since he just woke up. I headed downstairs and started to mix together the pancake mix and water. I made a large bowl and started pouring them onto the skillet.

About ten minutes passed and Justin walked back through the front door, "Yes! I am so hungry." He walked over and grabbed a couple off the plate and ate them plain.

"Oh my god," I laughed, "were you raised in a barn?"

"No but I was raised in the woods," he laughed once real loud and then took off up the stairs. I chuckled and shook my head. A little bit of time had passed and I poured the remaining batter in the pan. Esme and Justin walked out of their room and down the stairs, coming into the kitchen and fixing themselves a plate of food. I put the dishes in the sink and walked back to the laundry room to switch it over.