50

KIRA POV

I started to read his mind, trying to find the fight that caused his eyes to go red. 

Suddenly I heard a scream and I watched as Justin started to run in the direction I heard it come from. Suddenly I saw Esme and another vampire.

"Esme!" he yelled out.

Esme continuously begged him to run, and the other vampire cut her off. 

"What is this?" he asked while laughing, "I think you might be a little too late." He tightened his grip around her and she cried out as she pulled on his hands.

"Let her go," Justin said to him sternly, "come on I don't want to kill you here." I looked at him. It was the first time I've heard him say those words. 

The other vampire started laughing, "kill me? Kill me!?" He grabbed the back of her neck and threw her. She hit a tree and fell to the ground lifeless.

"Esme!" Justin yelled out again. I watched as her turned back to the vampire and he started walking towards him, "what did she ever do to you!"

"It's what she didn't do," he explained, "years and years ago our family had an altercation. I woke up, everyone was dead and she, well she was gone. She was why it happened."

"You're wrong," Justin shook his head, "she left because she woke up to everyone dead and she got scared."

"But everyone wasn't dead!" he yelled, "I was alive. I was alive and dying. She left. She left me there! She didn't come and check everything, she just assumed!"

"What did you expect!"  Justin snapped once more, "my entire pack was killed. I did everything I could and I still couldn't save them! It's the worst feeling in the world. She woke up to people around her dead. She doesn't know why she's alive. She-"

"Because she's the one who made it happen!" he snapped, "she's the reason they're all dead!"

"You're wrong!" Justin jumped into the air, shifting into a wolf. The two of them stared at each other. Justin started to show his teeth teeth and lowered my head while walking forward. 

"Come on, lets do this. I know you want to." I could hear Justin's thoughts. When Justin growled again, the vampire smiled wide. 

"Well well well," he hit his chest, "you ready for this?" He started running towards Justin. He let out a loud roar and took off after him. The two hit each other and the vampire wrapped his arms around Justin's neck. He managed to flip his self over, landing on the vampire. The vampire then kicked him off but Justin was able to land it. He roared again, charging towards him once more.

I watched as Justin got to him just as he started to stand. He jumped and wrapped his teeth around the vampire's neck, decapitating his body. Justin stood and started to run to Esme. 

"You- your eyes," she shook, "they- they're red." What? I shook my head as I shifted back to a human. Everything got fuzzy.

I pulled away from him, "I think I know what happened." 

"What?" Esme asked, "what did you even do?" 

"I went into his mind," I explained, "I was able to watch the whole fight between him and that other vampire. I think his body started to morph into an Alpha since he was fighting to protect you but since it was against a vampire... it didn't necessarily work."

"So what now?" she asked, "does he have to finalize it or something?" 

"No," I sighed while shaking my head, "I have to take it away. It has to mature all at once or it never will and if it doesn't mature then he will have bursts of anger that can lead to what just happened and worse. I feel bad doing it but I don't think I have much of a choice."