119

***TWO WEEKS LATER***

KIRA POV

I finished putting the up the remainder of the Christmas decorations in the closet and headed into the living room. Jace, Kai and Rowan were all sitting downstairs and Esme was in the kitchen making breakfast. 

"How is he this morning?" I asked as I walked in beside her. 

"Uhm--" she sighed, "I don't know yet. He isn't awake. Last night was better than yesterday morning and afternoon but he's still having them." 

"Hmm well do you maybe want to try herbs?" I asked, "or does he?" 

"I do. Yes. But him... not that I know of," she shook her head, "I don't understand why he's being so stubborn about it. I mean how much more can he take? It controls his life at this point. He can't do anything for too long or he has a flashback, any common movements do the same thing... he has these nightmares that have him waking up screaming-" 

"I know," I nodded while looking at the ground, "I've been waking up from him too. Why is he refusing? Do you know?" 

"I think its because he refuses to accept the fact that he needs it," she looked at me. Her hand was holding tightly onto the blood filled glass. "But he does need it because I'm scared that if this continues it'll end up killing him," suddenly the glass shattered and the two of us jumped. "Sorry," she shook her head, "I'm sorry. I just-" 

"It's okay," I nodded, "I'm going to go mix something together. Maybe we can sneak it into his food this morning or something." She nodded her head. "Go clean up and get the glass out of your hand," I looked at her, "I'll clean this up." She nodded and walked away, quietly saying thank you as I picked up the larger shards before sweeping the smaller pieces. I headed down into the basement and started to go through my plants. I grabbed Marjoram, Anise, and Angelica. Each has a property of its own. 

Marjoram is used to promote healthy dreams

Anise to prevent disturbing dreams, and;

Angelica, for protection, healing, purification and uncrossing the spells put on him

I put equal amounts of all, tossing in a little extra Marjoram to try and help him a bit more. I mixed all of them together in a bowl and then headed upstairs.

"What's that?" Esme asked. 

"This is how we're going to heal him," I nodded while grabbing a water bottle, "fully." I opened the cap and dumped the herbs in. I shut the bottle and started to shake it. 

"Well what is it?" she questioned more, "what did you mix?" 

"Are you sure he's sleeping?" I asked, "I can hear him moving around up there. Don't want to risk him finding out." 

"Just tell me," she sighed. 

"Marjoram, Anise and Angelica," I nodded, "to promote healthy dreams, rid the bad ones and break Cassies spell, once and for all." She nodded her head and I set the water bottle back in the fridge to let it clear up. 

"I need to talk to you about something," she sighed, "when he told me about what happened to him.. he told me what they used to kill me." 

"Okay?" I asked, "what was it?" 

"He said it was like a stake but made completely out of silver," she explained, "he said it reeked of vervain and wolfsbane and that it had this red jewel embedded in the side. Is that red jewel the-"

"The thing I said we need to get?" I sighed, "yeah... yeah that's the one." 

"I thought you said it wasn't real," she shook her head, "I thought you said it was a myth-"