17

JACE POV

It's been two full days now. We have been driving and tracking for what feels like forever. Every spot we have gone to, there has been nothing.

"Jace do you want me to drive?" Alex asked, "you've been up for long time man."

"I need to find her," I said aggravated, "I need to."

"We will," Alex nodded, "we will find her and you will save her okay? We all agree that you can take all the clout for it too okay? Come on."

"It isn't about that man!" I slammed my hand against the wheel, "what if she's dead!"

"Kira?" he scoffed, "dead? Come on. Think about that."

I shook my head and looked at the time, "it's been two days guys. What if I can't find her? What if all these spots we go to, there's nothing?"

"No," Jessica shook her head, "there's something. I promise you that she is at one of these spots. We just have to find which one."

"Why would it locate so many places if there is no blood there?" I asked again, "I just don't understand it."

"Anything can happen to that blood between the time we cast the locator spell till the time we get there," she said, "just because we located it two days ago doesn't mean it'll be there when we get to it."

We pulled into an empty parking lot. I got out and started walking around. I allowed myself to shift and stood there for a second. I started to walk some more and after about an hour I headed back to the truck. Alex was in the front seat.

"Get out," I said, "I'm fine."

"No dude," he shook his head, "get in the back. Sleep for gods sake."

"I can't," I sighed, "my head. I can't sleep."

"I can help you," Jessica nodded, "I did it to Justin earlier. That's why he's been sleeping for the past six hours."

"I can't sleep that long," he shook his head, "the next spot, it's-

"It's eight hours away Jace," she sighed, "come on. I won't make it as powerful as Justins."

I walked over and got in the backseat. She had me close my eyes and I felt her hands wave in front of me.

----

I woke up quickly and looked around, "where are we?"

"We are almost to the next stop," Alex said, "great timing bro. How do you feel?"

"Awake," I said, "I'm not tired."

"Thank god," Alex laughed, "you were kinda scary before she cast that spell."

"Sorry," I shook my head, "I'm just worried about her. I don't have a good feeling and all these cold leads are not helping."

We pulled off onto the side of the road and I got out. I headed into the field and shifted.

"Come on!" I growled, "where is it! Where is she!"

I walked throughout the entire field and found nothing. I went back and got in the truck.

"Nothing?" Jessica asked.

"Nothing," I slammed the door shut, "where are we going next?"

"It's not far," she nodded, "it's heading back towards Bedburg."

"Where exactly are we right now?" I asked.

"Two states over," she sighed.

"What?" I asked, "two states over? Two? How the hell is her blood even out here?"