92

KAI POV

"So we're breaking out your friend?" he asked, "and his name is?"

"Rowan," I nodded, "his name is Rowan. I don't know if you remember where I was but his cell is directly above mine."

"Okay so someone is going to be a distraction," he nodded, "I can the distraction actually. I'm good at that. You need to get in and get out as fast as possible. I'll hold them off out here for as long as I can." I nodded my head and we separated. I walked around to the back of the building and when I heard Justin roar out I took a few steps back. The door swung open as guards ran out. I grabbed one and hit his face, knocking him out. I took his uniform and put it on before walking back into the building. I sounded the alarm and no one ever batted an eye at me as they rushed from the building.

"Okay," I whispered, "where are the stairs." I walked around and found them, opening the door and running up. Others rushed around me, yelling about Justin and how they have to get him. He's one hell of a partner. I made it to his floor and walked out, I bent my hat down to cover my face.

"Oh hey Francis!" a man said, "hey we're evacuating where are you going? Francis?" I felt him get closer and when he was close enough I quickly turned, landing my fist on his cheek. He hit the ground and I pulled him into the storage closet.

"You were always such an asshole," I knelt down, "its nice that positions are switched." I shook my head and his walkey talkey started to go off.

"First and second floor are clear over," a voice said, "how are we on three and four?" I grabbed it quickly.

"Three and four are clear over," I said. My heart was in my stomach and I was just nervous over all of this. I walked out of the storage closet and made my way down the hall. The alarms blaring above me reminded me of how much I really hated this place. I saw his room and started running towards it. I opened the door to see a horrid sight.

He was laying on the bed, his ankles and wrists were tied to the frame tightly. Blood puddled on his skin, his face and various parts of his body were swollen and black and blue. I started untying him as my hands trembled, he was barely breathing.

"Rowan," I whispered, "handsome hey it's me. Come on I'm getting you out of here." I slowly and gently wrapped my arms around him and picked him up.

"Kai?" he strained, "how- how did you-"

"We'll talk about it later," I assured him and sat down on the bed. I held him against me as I felt the tears puddling in my eyes, "what did they do to you?"

"It- it was nothing," he said slowly but harshly, "I- I'm okay." Okay you don't have to play tough guy right now, I know you're hurting. He doesn't have to lie.

"I need you to tell me if you're hurt," I leaned back and looked at him. God he looked so beaten up. Whatever they did, it was for a long time. "Don't answer that," I shook my head, "okay lets get out of here." I stood back up and started to leave the room. No one stood in the hallways, it was a clear shot. I started to run through the halls and I ran faster than I ever have. I made it out of Finis within a few seconds and took off into the woods. I set him down, "stay here okay? I'll be right back." He nodded his head and I shifted, looking at him again his eyes were huge and his heart was racing out of his chest. I nodded my head and started running, letting out a loud howl.

I heard Justin and within a minute I saw the guards. "Run!" Justin roared, "we got to get out of here!" I started running in the other direction with him and shifted to a vampire before getting to Rowan. I picked him up off the ground and we started back home. When we got far enough away from Finis we slowed down. The wind howled as the snow was fell hard. Rowan all of a sudden gasped and his body started to tremble. What's happening?